Application is now open for the Conicyt-Imperial Scholarship at the Imperial College London. Interested candidates are encouraged to send in their applications before the deadline date.
About Imperial College London and Scholarship
Imperial College London, officially known as the Imperial College of Science, Technology, and Medicine, is a prestigious public research university situated in the heart of London, England. It all began with Prince Albert, Queen Victoria’s consort, who had an idea for a cultural area that would house famous establishments like the Natural History Museum, the Victoria and Albert Museum, the Royal Albert Hall, and other royal colleges.
The Royal School of Mines, the Royal College of Science, and the City and Guilds of London Institute came together to form Imperial College London, which was founded in 1907 by royal charter. This alliance established a powerful entity devoted to the advancement of science, technology, and medical research and teaching. By joining forces with St. Mary’s Hospital Medical School in 1988, Imperial broadened its scope and established the Imperial College School of Medicine. In 2004, the school expanded its range of academic programs with the official opening of the Imperial College Business School by Queen Elizabeth II.
A name for itself in the domains of research, engineering, business, and medicine has been established by Imperial College London. The center of large-scale teaching and research operations is the main campus, which is situated in South Kensington. In addition, the university opened a second campus in White City to promote entrepreneurship and innovation. These campuses are complemented by teaching hospitals that are placed thoughtfully across London, resulting in an academic health science center.
Once a part of the University of London, Imperial College London became independent in 2007, a significant turning point in its academic history.
With 59% of students from outside the United Kingdom, the institution’s extremely international student body reflects its dedication to fostering a worldwide academic community. With students from 140 countries, the campus is a proud representation of a melting pot of many cultures, contributing to a lively and stimulating learning environment.
The collaboration between Imperial College London and Conicyt, the Chilean government’s student funding agency, is one special project highlighting the institution’s worldwide perspective. Imperial provides financial options for postgraduate students pursuing master’s and doctorate degrees through this collaboration. This is a prime example of the university’s commitment to promoting global partnerships and giving students everywhere the chance to pursue innovative academic and research possibilities.
Details about the Conicyt-Imperial Scholarship at Imperial College London:
Scholarship Sponsor: Imperial College London, UK
Scholarship Value: Check Below
Number of awards: N/A
Study level: Postgraduate
Host Institution(s): Imperial College London, UK
- A complete stipend according to the regular Conicyt rates for the duration of your PhD
- A one-way economy class plane ticket for the scholar, his or her spouse, and any applicable children from the airport in Chile closest to the scholar’s home to the airport in London. In addition, if applicable, a one-way economy class plane ticket for the scholar, his or her spouse, and any children back to Chile.
- A spouse’s allowance each month.
- A monthly stipend for every child under the age of eighteen
- A one-time relocation stipend and a one-time settlement expense allowance, per scholar
- An annual stipend for materials or books
- An annual stipend for health insurance
- Pregnancy and maternity leave-related monthly per diem allowance is extended to female scholars only for a maximum of four months.
- Advantages of taking pre-sessional English classes, if necessary.
Eligibility Criteria for Conicyt-Imperial Scholarship
You must meet the BECAS Chile qualifying requirements to apply for a Conicyt-Imperial scholarship. Currently, these are:
- Be a permanent resident of Chile, whether you are a foreign national or not.
- Have a Licenciado, which is a six-year degree in Chile.
- Academic excellence is defined as placing in the top 30% of the degree program and earning an average grade of at least five out of seven in the Chilean system.
Application Procedure for Conicyt-Imperial Scholarship
Please follow these steps:
- Provide the specifics of your proposed research project to the Imperial department of interest or your potential supervisor. Contacting departments and supervisors before completing a Ph.D. application is crucial.
- Please indicate that you are applying for a Conicyt scholarship by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Apply for a PhD at Imperial by completing the standard College procedure. (This page provides details on the English language requirements is available here.)
- After reviewing the application, Imperial’s Registry makes a formal conditional or unconditional offer or rejects it. Please be aware that processing a PhD application can take six to eight weeks.
- Please apply to Conicyt for the scholarship as soon as you receive an offer. Although it varies every year, the deadline usually falls in early April.
- The results of the selection process will be communicated to you between June and August.
You can visit the official website for further details.
The Submission Deadline is: Not Specified
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other UK scholarships here.