Application is now open for the Executive Research International Fellowships for Careers in Service Providing Research Infrastructures. Interested applicants are encouraged to send their applications in before the deadline date.
About the Fellowship
The European Molecular Biology Laboratory is your best option, so why? By selecting EMBL, you are embracing a special fusion of innovation, knowledge, and global influence to further scientific understanding. The EMBL offers a dynamic platform for making ground-breaking discoveries in the field of molecular biology thanks to its international and collaborative atmosphere, cutting-edge resources, and distinguished community of scientists.
Applications for the Executive Research International Fellowships for Careers in Service-Providing Research Infrastructures for the academic year 2023–2024 are now being accepted by the European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL).
The scholarship program was created to encourage bright students to enroll in the university’s Ph.D. degree programs. A renowned organization at the forefront of molecular biology research is the European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL). Its multidisciplinary atmosphere stimulates advances in genetics, genomics, and structural biology. With a collaborative approach covering 27 member states and research sites around Europe, EMBL offers cutting-edge facilities and technology to scientists worldwide.
Details about Executive Research International Fellowships for Careers in Service Providing Research Infrastructures:
Scholarship Sponsor: European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL), Germany
Scholarship Value: Varies
Number of awards: N/A
Study level: Fellowship
Host Institution(s): European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL), Germany
You will receive training for positions in research infrastructures (core facilities, data services, synchrotrons, etc.) and take more than 60 courses on topics such as how to provide and plan services, how to manage the operation of diverse infrastructure, how to manage staff and finances, how to handle innovation and collaboration with industry, how to do strategic planning, and how to comprehend science policy and the funding system.
Additionally, you will get the chance to network with a wide range of industry experts who work for EMBL and ARISE partner organizations.
Eligibility Criteria for Executive Research International Fellowships for Careers in Service Providing Research Infrastructures
Applicants are advised to meet the following conditions to be eligible for the Executive Research International Fellowships for Careers in Service-Providing Research Infrastructures:
- Eligible Nationalities: All countries
- Eligible Subjects or Courses: Degree in PhD
- Eligibility Requirements: The candidates must fulfill each of the requirements listed below to be eligible:
- Following receiving a university degree, at least four years of full-time comparable research or development experience are required, including first experience in technology development.
- A university degree in the natural sciences or other STEM-related fields, at the level that potentially qualifies the holder for admission to a PhD program
- A high level of competence (postdoctoral quality) or talent in a field of study where doctorates are not frequently granted. Experience might be from the academic or non-academic world, but it must be pertinent to the program’s study areas for the groups and teams to be considered.
- Strong research potential that can be demonstrated by, for instance, scientific publications, (scientific) software, unusual or challenging data sets, technical documentation or other materials of a similar nature, contributions to patents, instances of project management for the development of new technologies, a thorough description of any other innovative research you have conducted and your accomplishments, or by other means that show experience in the provision of scientific and technological services.
- The ability to work autonomously and with originality
- English proficiency, both written and spoken
- Ability to collaborate, communicate, and cooperate throughout the organization with a variety of people
- Good organizational and time management abilities.
- Candidates must hold a master’s degree certificate and demonstrate exceptional academic success to be admitted.
- All foreign students are required to have a decent command of the English language.
Required Document for Application:
Applications must contain a project description, the applicant’s most recent resume, and a letter of support from their home institute’s supervisor.
Application Procedure for Executive Research International Fellowships for Careers in Service Providing Research Infrastructures
The application process occurs online via the online application form. For questions or issues with the application procedure, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also visit the official website for further details.
The Submission Deadline: 30 September 2023
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other Germany scholarships here.