The University of Adelaide is accepting applications for its partially funded Eynesbury College High Achiever Progression Scholarship.
About the University of Adelaide and Scholarship
The University of Adelaide has a rich history dating back to its establishment on November 6, 1874. This significant step was made possible through a generous £20,000 donation from grazier and copper miner Walter Watson Hughes, supplemented by support and contributions from Thomas Elder. The university’s initial leadership consisted of Sir Richard Hanson as the first chancellor and Augustus Short as the first vice-chancellor. The inaugural academic offering was the Bachelor of Arts, with teaching commencing in March 1876. Notably, John Davidson assumed the role of the first Hughes professor, specializing in English literature, mental, and moral philosophy.
One distinctive aspect of the University of Adelaide’s history is its dedication to championing gender equality in higher education. In 1881, the university emerged as a trailblazer, becoming the second institution in the English-speaking world (preceded only by the University of London in 1878) to admit women on equal terms with men. This progressive stance on gender inclusivity started with women studying alongside their male counterparts from the very beginning, and they were equally eligible for all academic honors and prizes.
Adding to the legacy of educational excellence and inclusivity, the university offers the Eynesbury College High Achiever Progression Scholarship, a prestigious scholarship program designed to recognize the exceptional achievements of up to 100 international graduates of Eynesbury College who have demonstrated outstanding academic results. This scholarship stands as a testament to the University of Adelaide’s commitment to fostering educational success and inclusivity. This scholarship is:
- accessible to Eynesbury College alumni starting at The University of Adelaide.
- accessible to nationals of any nation (apart from Australia and New Zealand); and
- offers a 25% yearly tuition fee remission for each program year throughout the degree.
Details about Eynesbury College High Achiever Progression Scholarship at the University of Adelaide:
Scholarship Sponsor: University of Adelaide, Australia
Scholarship Value: 25% of the annual tuition fee
Number of awards: Several
Study level: Undergraduate
Host Institution(s): University of Adelaide, Australia
Eligibility Criteria for Eynesbury College High Achiever Progression Scholarship:
Applicants are advised to meet the following conditions to be qualified for the Eynesbury College High Achiever Progression Scholarship at the University of Adelaide:
- Possess an Eynesbury College degree;
- A minimum of 85% in grades or a 6.0/7.0 GPA is required;
- Possess an admission offer from the University of Adelaide, either unconditional or conditional, for overseas students who can pay their entire tuition;
- Enroll in a full-time course load throughout each degree study term;
- Proceed with the acceptance procedure as specified in your admission offer.
The eligibility for this scholarship is decided by:
- “The top 100 international first-year students who completed their studies at Eynesbury College before moving on to the University of Adelaide had an average grade of at least 85% in their previous program.”
Note: Candidates for scholarships who meet the requirements for more than one scholarship program provided by the University of Adelaide will only be awarded one scholarship—the highest value award for which they are qualified.
The applicants listed below are not qualified to earn these scholarships:
- Students at the University of Adelaide who are now transferring before completing their program of study to pursue another degree (internal transfers)
- Students who have tuition expenses covered by scholarships from reputable scholarship-granting organizations, including government departments or ministries
- Candidates for Ph.D. or Masters by Research programs; Candidates for specific programs; a list of degrees that are prohibited is provided in the scholarship terms and conditions.
Application Procedure for Eynesbury College High Achiever Progression Scholarship
The Eynesbury College High Achiever Progression Scholarship will be given to students who satisfy the qualifying standards automatically, so there is no need to apply. Confirmation of scholarships will occur at the time of acceptance. Please get in touch with your University of Adelaide Regional Manager or stop by a designated University of Adelaide agent representative. You can also visit the University of Adelaide website or the scholarship official website for further details.
The Submission Deadline is: Not Specified
Note: Scholarships are available all year long, but to give themselves enough time to apply for a visa and be ready for school, candidates are advised to complete their admissions process as soon as possible.
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other Australia scholarships here.