Application is now open for the Goldsmiths Equity Awards at Goldsmiths, University of London. Interested candidates are encouraged to send their applications in before the deadline date.
About Goldsmiths, University of London and Scholarship
The Goldsmiths’ College, often known as the Goldsmiths’ University of London, is an English research institution that is a part of the University of London. The Worshipful Company of Goldsmiths established it as The Goldsmiths’ Technical and Recreational Institute in New Cross, London, in 1891. It was renamed Goldsmiths’ College after being bought by the University of London in 1904, and it focuses on the humanities, social sciences, design, and computers. The old Royal Naval School was located on the grounds of the campus’s centerpiece, the Richard Hoggart Building, which was first erected in 1792.
The Goldsmiths Equity Awards provide a selection of thoughtful assistance to allow students of color to compete on an equitable playing field. The school is appreciative of the generous funding of the prizes provided by Goldsmiths alumni, friends, and one donor who prefers to remain anonymous. The Goldsmiths, University of London, is funding 26 prizes.
Details about Goldsmiths Equity Awards at Goldsmiths, University of London:
Scholarship Sponsor: Goldsmiths, University of London, UK
Scholarship Value: £3,000 Per Year
Number of awards: Several
Study level: Undergraduate
Host Institution(s): Goldsmiths, University of London, UK
Goldsmiths Equity Awards – Eligibility Criteria
Applicants are advised to meet the following requirements to be qualified for Goldsmiths Equity Awards at Goldsmiths, University of London:
- Being enrolled at Goldsmiths for the first or foundation year of undergraduate study in the fall of 2023 and is eligible for Home fees.
- Possess one of the following racial or ethnic groups:
- Mixed / Multiple ethnic groups
- White and Black Caribbean
- White and Black African
- White and Asian
- Other ethnic group
- Gypsy or Irish Traveller
- Black / African / Caribbean / Black British
- Any other Black / African / Caribbean background
- Any other Mixed / Multiple ethnic background
- Asian / Asian British
- Any other Asian background
- Own a household income of less than £35,000 annually, as proven by your application to the Student Loans Company.
Applicants that exhibit one or more of the following qualities in their applications will be given preference:
- Possess three years’ prior residence in the borough of Lewisham.
- Reside in a low-participation neighborhood
- A student who qualifies for free school meals or premium care experienced, estranged, or a kid seeking asylum alone
- Their inability to learn is a disability
- Attend a state school that is not selective
- Come from a household where neither parent or caregiver has attended higher education, either in the UK or overseas.
- mature students (25 on the first day of enrollment week, which is when they begin their degree program)
- Applicants whose applications to the Student Loans Company demonstrate that their family income is less than £35,000 per year.
Selection Criteria for Goldsmiths Equity Awards
- Please apply by filling out the form included at the bottom of this page.
- Competitive criteria will be used to choose the successful candidates.
- The Scholarships Co-ordinator completes the initial shortlisting by eligibility requirements; all applications that fulfill the requirements are then passed to the next level.
- An awarding panel will review the applications of all candidates who satisfy the fundamental requirements for an award. Each member of the selection committee is aware that candidates will have a wide range of unique abilities, qualities, and experiences. The panelists are aware that the content of the responses and how well they relate to the issue, not the quality of writing, are what matters.
- The panel will choose the final award recipients and reserve candidates.
- The aforementioned prerequisites are in addition to the standard rules and requirements for all awards.
Application Procedure for Goldsmiths Equity Awards
Interested and eligible applicants for Goldsmiths Equity Awards should fill out the application form on this page.
The Application Deadline is: October 17, 2023
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other UK scholarships here.