The University of Melbourne is now accepting applications for its fully-funded Graduate Research Scholarships.
About the University of Melbourne and Scholarship
In Melbourne, Australia, there is a public research institution called the University of Melbourne. It was established in 1853, making it the second-oldest university in Australia and the first in Victoria. With numerous additional campuses spread out around Victoria, its main campus is situated in Parkville, an inner neighborhood to the north of Melbourne’s central business area. The University of Melbourne was placed first in Australia in the QS World University Rankings 2024, coming in at number fourteen overall. Melbourne was placed 33rd overall and first in Australia by Times Higher Education in the 2021–2022 edition of its annual World University Rankings.
The University of Melbourne is happy to provide its Graduate Research Scholarships to qualified and outstanding students who desire to enroll for a full-time Master by Research degree or up to 3.5 years for students pursuing a Ph.D. degree at the University. High-achieving local and foreign students pursuing a Ph.D. or master’s degree are eligible for this grant. Graduate Research Scholarships, which offer both a stipend and a fee reduction, are given to both local and foreign students depending on their academic achievement. Approximately 600 candidates will receive awards totaling up to $110,000 for this scholarship, which is available for all study disciplines and has a value of up to 100% fee remission.
Details about Graduate Research Scholarships at the University of Melbourne:
Scholarship Sponsor: University of Melbourne, Australia
Scholarship Value: Fully-funded
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Masters & Doctoral degree
Host Institution(s): University of Melbourne, Australia
The following advantages are available to successful candidates for the Graduate Research Scholarships at the University of Melbourne:
- For students pursuing a doctorate, the whole tuition may be waived for up to four years or up to two years for those pursuing a master’s by research.
- For students pursuing a Master by Research degree or a doctorate, a living allowance of $34,400 per year pro rata (2023 full-time study rate) is provided for up to two years or 3.5 years, depending on the length of the program. The living allowance comprises a small amount of paid sick, maternity, and parental leave and is subject to yearly indexing.
- Students migrating from other States or Territories outside Victoria will get a $2000 relocation award, while students traveling from outside of Australia will receive a $3000 grant.
- International students needing a student visa to study in Australia should purchase Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) Single Membership.
Fee offset scholarships
- Students pursuing a doctorate may get a full fee waiver for up to four years or a maximum of two years if they are pursuing a Master’s by Research degree.
Visit Manage my scholarship for more details.
Eligibility Criteria for Graduate Research Scholarships
Applicants must fulfill the requirements listed below to be considered for Graduate Research Scholarships at the University of Melbourne:
- Based on academic excellence, applicants must be both domestic and foreign students.
- Students from the United States or abroad must apply.
- Candidates must have submitted an application for and met the admission requirements for a graduate research degree at the University of Melbourne, or they must already be enrolled in one.
Application Process for Graduate Research Scholarships
If you are a new student and have applied for a graduate research course before the application date for that course, you will be immediately eligible for the Graduate Research Scholarships. If you accepted an offer for a graduate research course and postponed graduation to be assessed for a scholarship, you must submit an online application form by October 31 to be eligible for one the following year.
You must submit an online application form by October 31 to be considered for a scholarship the following year while enrolled in a graduate research course for which you are applying.
The Submission Deadline is: October 31, 2023
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other Australia scholarships here.