Application is now open for the IBM Diversity & Access Scholarship at the University of Technology Sydney. Interested candidates are encouraged to send in their applications before the deadline date.
About the University of Technology Sydney and Scholarship
The Sydney Mechanics’ School of Arts was established in 1833 and is the oldest continuously operating Mechanics Institute in Australia. The school expanded into technical education in the 1870s and became the Working Men’s College. The NSW government eventually took control of the college to become Sydney Technical College.
The New South Wales Institute of Technology (NSWIT) was founded in 1964 as an effect of an Act that the NSW Parliament enacted in 1940 to create an institute of technology. The NSW Institute of Technology and the NSW Institute of Business Studies merged in 1968. The first law school outside of a university was established by NSWIT in 1976.
When NSWIT received university status on October 8, 1987, the University of Technology, Sydney Act, 1987, was passed. The School of Design from the former Sydney College of the Arts was included in the reorganization on January 26, 1988, resulting in the University of Technology Sydney (UTS). Under the University of Technology, Sydney, Act 1989 (NSW), the Kuring-gai College of Advanced Education (KCAE) and the Institute of Technical and Adult Teacher Education (ITATE) of the Sydney College of Advanced Education combined to become UTS in 1989. In 1991, the academic system consisted of 25 schools and 9 faculties.
With the IBM Diversity & Access Scholarship, a female student who has faced educational disadvantages and is beginning or continuing her MBA degree at the UTS Business School will receive financial assistance.
Details about the IBM Diversity & Access Scholarship at the University of Technology Sydney:
Scholarship Sponsor: University of Technology Sydney, Australia
Scholarship Value: $5,000
Number of awards: N/A
Study level: Masters
Host Institution(s): University of Technology Sydney, Australia
Eligibility Criteria for IBM Diversity & Access Scholarship
Applicants are advised to meet the following prerequisites to be qualified for the IBM Diversity & Access Scholarship at the University of Technology Sydney:
- be female; and
- satisfy at least one of the following requirements: be enrolled or planning to enroll in the UTS Business School’s Master of Business Administration program (C04018);
- be of Torres Strait Islander or Australian Aboriginal ancestry and possess one of the following:
- a UTS Statutory Declaration form along with two letters of recommendation from Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander residents of the applicant’s community who can attest to their identity and are not members of their immediate family; OR
- a Confirmation of Aboriginality from a nearby Aboriginal Land Council or other Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander organization;
- Have encountered one or more educational disadvantages, as demonstrated by applying for an Equity Scholarship (ES) through the Universities Admission Centre (UAC) or by submitting a personal statement outlining:
- facing financial hardship; and/or
- carer responsibilities;
- English language difficulty;
- Indigenous Australian;
- long-term medical condition, disability, or ongoing effect of abuse;
- refugee status;
- sole parent.
- regional or remote location.
- Use the UTS Scholarship Application Form to submit your application for this scholarship, and make sure you’re available to attend an interview (in person or by Zoom).
The following selection criteria will be used to determine the recipient, as stated in the scholarship application and interview:
- shown an entrepreneurial drive to look for possibilities to consistently develop their professional and personal life;
- motivation and dedication to excel in their UTS Business MBA degree and love for a business career;
- the drive to carry out long-term objectives in the face of difficulty.
Application Process for IBM Diversity & Access Scholarship
Interested and qualified candidates for the IBM Diversity & Access Scholarship should please complete the application form. Scholarships will only be given to applicants who show up in person for an interview.
To learn more, contact UTS Scholarships Office
The Application Deadline is: Wednesday 04 October 2023
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other Australia scholarships here.