Application is now open for the Columbus State University International Student Services Scholarships. Interested applicants are encouraged to send their applications in before the deadline date.
About Columbus State University and Scholarship
Located in Columbus, Georgia, Columbus State University is a public institution. The Board of Regents of the University System of Georgia created and oversees the university, which was originally founded in 1958 as Columbus College. When it initially started as a junior college in a hosiery mill in 1958, the university was known as Columbus College. In the first year, the institution had fifteen teaching members and personnel working there, and over three hundred students took classes.
In 1963, Columbus College moved to the middle of the city and transformed a former dairy farm into a modern-style campus. The institution received four-year status in 1965 and started awarding bachelor’s and master’s degrees. In 1970, the initial four-year class graduated. As part of an initiative to reorganize four-year colleges within the state’s university system, the school was renamed Columbus State University in 1996. In more than 90 academic fields, the institution presently offers undergraduate and graduate degrees.
The institution had more than 8,200 students enrolled as of the 2010 academic year. Early in 2007, the university’s art and theater departments relocated to downtown Columbus’s RiverPark Campus, which had just been constructed. The complex was created to provide fine arts students with a close-knit living environment as well as bigger studios, labs, and galleries. The nearby RiverCenter for the Performing Arts is home to the Schwob School of Music.
The International Student Service Scholarships are being made available by Columbus State University and the Center for International Education to qualifying undergraduate and graduate international students who are studying there on an F-1 student visa. For a select group of foreign students who have been admitted to or are already enrolled at CSU, there is the International Student Service Scholarship, which waives out-of-state tuition.
Details about Columbus State University International Student Services Scholarships:
Scholarship Sponsor: Columbus State University and the Center for International Education
Scholarship Value: $5,000 per semester
Number of awards: N/A
Study level: Undergraduate and Graduate
Host Institution(s): Columbus State University
Eligibility Criteria for Columbus State University International Student Services Scholarships
- You cannot apply unless you have been officially admitted to a degree program at CSU and have met all admissions criteria. For new freshmen who are awaiting the acceptance of their test results or university transcripts, an exemption is given.
- You need to have a minimum 3.0 overall or transfer grade point average whether you are currently enrolled at CSU or were a student at another institution before transferring to CSU. Students entering high school should have a 3.0 high school grade point average.
- Unless you are in your last semester, you must take a full course load of at least 12 semester hours for undergraduate students and 9 hours for graduate students.
- You must abide by all immigration rules, and university policies, as well as federal, state, and local laws.
- You must be willing to participate in a computer or in-person interview if necessary.
Application Procedure for Columbus State University International Student Services Scholarships
To apply, candidates should complete the application form. Before receiving a scholarship offer, applicants for the International Student Services Scholarships may be required to either do an online interview or an in-person interview. The recipients of this scholarship will represent the Center for International Education and may be required to give presentations or speeches in classrooms. They should feel at ease speaking in front of audiences and the public. During international orientation, recipients will also help out other students.
For further details, send an email to email@example.com.
You can also visit the official website for further details.
The Application Deadline is: October 1, 2023
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other USA scholarships here.