Application is now open for the Kans and Kandy Charitable Trust Postgraduate Scholarships at Northumbria University. Interested applicants are encouraged to send in their applications before the deadline date.
About Northumbria University and Scholarship
Newcastle upon Tyne, in the northeast region of England, is home to Northumbria University, officially known as the University of Northumbria at Newcastle. It was first established as Rutherford College in 1877, but it became a university in 1992.
The main campuses of Northumbria University include City Campus, which is situated in Newcastle upon Tyne’s downtown, Coach Lane Campus, which lies outside the city center, and London and Amsterdam. It is divided into four faculties: Engineering and Environment; Business and Law; Health and Life Sciences; and Arts, Design, and Social Sciences. The number of students at Northumbria University is roughly 37,000.
With great pleasure, Northumbria University announces its partnership with The Kans & Kandy Charitable Trust to provide five postgraduate scholarships to deserving candidates who want to start their studies in September 2024. Five students following one of the designated disciplines throughout their one-year degree program will receive £2,000 from the Kans and Kandy Scholarship, which is only open to women. One way to improve the entire educational experience is to make use of this financial support.
Since its founding in 2000, Kans and Kandy Group have run three separate businesses, each with a unique set of values rooted in the company’s B Corp Certification objective. Land and assets in a variety of portfolios are owned by its expanding property sector, Kans and Kandy Property. Their emphasis on collaborating with tenants who are spearheading innovative environmental projects, such as producing sustainable energy and recycling large amounts of plastic, makes them especially proud.
Details about Kans and Kandy Charitable Trust Postgraduate Scholarships at Northumbria University:
Scholarship Sponsor: The Kans and Kandy Charitable Trust/Northumbria University, UK
Scholarship Value: £2,000
Number of awards: 5
Study level: Masters/Postgraduate
Host Institution(s): Northumbria University, UK
- Kans and Kandy Scholarship carries a £2,000 cash reward.
- 25% will be given out in November 2024, 25% in February 2025, and 50% in May 2025 of the monetary reward.
- Successful students are required to write the donor a note of appreciation and progress reports.
- The scholarship will be withdrawn if an update on progress and a thank-you note are not received.
- Should the beneficiary postpone their enrollment, the scholarship offer will be rescinded.
- The University will not attempt to recover scholarship funds if the recipient decides to drop the course after receiving payment.
- Northumbria has the right to discontinue this program at any time.
- There is no right of appeal; the University’s judgment is final and cannot be contested.
Eligibility Criteria for Kans and Kandy Charitable Trust Postgraduate Scholarships
Candidates are advised to meet the following prerequisites to be eligible for Kans and Kandy Charitable Trust Postgraduate Scholarships at Northumbria University:
- Qualified Countries: UK/Home Applicants
- Admissible Course or Subjects: Operations and Supply Chain Management MSc, Disaster Management and Sustainable Development MSc, Mathematics MSc, Business Analytics MSc, Business and Management MSc, Global Logistics
- Acceptable Criteria:
- Open to women
- The student must be self-funded.
- Must apply to enroll in one of the designated full-time programs starting in September 2024.
- Must accept the offer and adhere to the terms and conditions.
- Fees cannot be covered by a sponsorship agreement.
- No additional Northumbria Postgraduate Scholarships will be available to the candidates chosen for The Kans and Kandy Scholarship.
- If the candidate is chosen and a graduate of Northumbria, they will also qualify for the Alumni Discount.
- Fulfill the prerequisites for entrance to the full-time program of your choice.
Application Procedure for Kans and Kandy Charitable Trust Postgraduate Scholarships
The Submission Deadline is: 16:00 on Friday 06 September 2024
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other UK scholarships here.