Application is now open for Marcus Oldham College Scholarship. Interested applicants are encouraged to send their applications in before the deadline date.
About Marcus Oldham College and Scholarship
The sole private agricultural college functioning in Australia is Marcus Oldham College, a higher education school for agriculture, horse, and farm management that is located in Geelong, Victoria. The university, which was established in 1962, enrolls both domestic and foreign students. The university offers the Bachelor of Business in Farm Management, Bachelor of Business in Agribusiness, Associate Degree in Agribusiness, Associate Degree in Farm Business Management, Diploma in Agribusiness, and Diploma in Equine Management as undergraduate degrees. A Masters, Graduate Certificate, and Graduate Diploma in Agribusiness are offered as part of the postgraduate program.
A partially financed grant for overseas students is the Marcus Oldham College grant. Undergraduate studies are eligible for these awards. The applicable academic year’s tuition expenses will be covered in part by $15,000 by the Dr. Alastair Mackenzie International Scholarship Funds.
Young individuals who are interested in pursuing careers in the many phases of the Australian wool industry, including wool science and technology, wool farming, and the textile production stage, can be encouraged through Marcus Oldham College’s unique educational opportunity. WISS Woolbrokers is the sponsor of the Dr. Alastair Mackenzie Scholarship. WISS is a grower-owned and -controlled wool broker that was established in 1979 by woolgrowers. BJ Underwood Pty Ltd, the Australian Wool Education Trust, and the Geoff & Helen Handbury Foundation are further sponsors.
Details about Marcus Oldham College Scholarship:
Scholarship Sponsor: WISS Woolbrokers/Australian Wool Education Trust/Marcus Oldham College, Australia
Number of awards: $15,000
Study level: Undergraduate
Host Institution(s): Marcus Oldham College, Australia
Courses: Agriculture, Wool science and technology, Plant and crop sciences, and Textile production
The following benefits are given to the recipient of the Marcus Oldham College Scholarship:
- In the applicable academic year(s), the scholarship will pay for $15,000 of the fees, unless the college has made other arrangements.
Eligibility Criteria for Marcus Oldham College Scholarship
Applicants are advised to meet the following conditions to be eligible for Marcus Oldham College Scholarship:
- English is a required language.
- All countries in the world are eligible.
- Applicants who are enrolled or plan to enroll in Year 1 of the Agriculture Program are eligible for this grant.
Application Procedure for Marcus Oldham College Scholarship
To get this scholarship, please adhere to the guidelines below:
- Click here to submit a request for an admission offer from Marcus Oldham College.
- The following paperwork is to be ready:
- Contact information for two references along with your resume
- If you apply, a statement of your Year 12 results and university ENTER score.
- Thesis for a scholarship 500-word essay in which the applicant responds to the following query: “By applying for this scholarship, you are expressing interest in a career in the sheep and wool business. Which industrial endeavor do you hope to undertake in the future?
- How many words should you use to respond to the question “What are your career goals and aspirations?” in a college essay?
- Applicants should submit scholarship applications using:
The email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Fax number is 03 5244 1263
Post the application to the following address;
Marcus Oldham College
Private Bag 116
Geelong Mail Centre VIC 3221
- The number of applications for scholarships is unlimited, but only one scholarship can be awarded in any given academic year. One copy of your resume and one copy of your college essay is all that is required if you are submitting applications for several scholarships.
- To the email address you listed in your resume, a confirmation of application receipt will be sent.
- Candidates who are selected for an interview will be notified around three weeks before the interview date. On Sunday, August 28, 2023, interviews will be held at Marcus Oldham. Except for overseas applicants, the College does not interview scholarship candidates via the phone, Facetime, or Skype. Scholarships might not be given out if there are no candidates who are found to match the selection requirements. The College also can postpone the deadline and the interview dates.
- The chosen candidate will be sent a Scholarship Letter of Offer, and they have seven days from receiving the letter to notify the College in writing of their decision to accept the scholarship and their duties as a recipient.
The Submission Deadline: July 21, 2023
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other Australia scholarships here.