Application is now open for the Master of Landscape Architecture Scholarships at the Unitec Institute of Technology. Interested applicants are encouraged to send their applications in before the deadline date.
About Unitec Institute of Technology and Scholarship
Why should one attend the Unitec Institute of Technology? You will get the chance to engage in a learning environment at Unitec, and because it combines cutting-edge industrial theory with hands-on training, you will graduate with all of the essential skills.
The largest technical college in Auckland, New Zealand is called Unitec Institute of Technology (Mori: Te Whare Wnanga o Wairaka). 16,844 students pursue programs in a variety of areas at levels ranging from certificate to postgraduate degrees (levels 1 to 9).
The main campus is located in Mount Albert, with a satellite Waitakere campus near Henderson and several pop-ups scattered across the North Shore.
It also provides programs abroad. On the 55-hectare Mt. Albert property on Carrington Road, where Unitec was first established as Carrington Technical Institute, in 1976. The Whau Lunatic Asylum, subsequently known as Carrington Hospital, was once housed in the region where Unitec’s main campus is currently located. At the northernmost point of the Unitec Campus, the hospital building (Building 1), an impressive brick Italianate-Romanesque edifice, is situated. When it was constructed in the 1860s, the hospital structure was the biggest in all of New Zealand. The hospital was shut down in the early 1990s, and Unitec presently owns the structure.
In 1987, Carrington Polytechnic was used as the new name, then in 1994, “Unitec Institute of Technology” was used. The Government decided, rather controversially, in 2005 that Unitec did not fulfill the academic requirements of a university and would remain an Institute of Technology even though Unitec filed for University status in 1999.
The Waitakere Campus of Unitec was inaugurated in Henderson, West Auckland, in 2006. The new Waitakere Central Library is part of the complex, which was jointly developed with the previous Waitakere City Council. Introduction to computers, community development, and nursing courses are available at the Unitec Waitakere campus.
The initiative attempts to draw domestic students who desire to enroll in the Master of Landscape Architecture program at the New Zealand-based institution. The oldest and most prominent technical institute in Auckland, New Zealand, is the Unitec Institute of Technology. It offers educational options that can be pursued in many different academic fields of study, ranging from certificates to doctoral degrees.
Details about the Master of Landscape Architecture Scholarships at the Unitec Institute of Technology:
Scholarship Sponsor: Unitec Institute of Technology
Scholarship Value: $4,000
Number of awards: 2
Study level: Masters
Host Institution(s): Unitec Institute of Technology, New Zealand
Eligibility Criteria for Master of Landscape Architecture Scholarships
Applicants are advised to meet the following conditions to be eligible for the Master of Landscape Architecture Scholarships at the Unitec Institute of Technology:
- New Zealand is a qualifying nation.
- Acceptable Subjects or Courses: The Master of Landscape Architecture program will get the scholarship.
- Qualification Standards: All of the following requirements must be met by candidates to be considered:
- a spot in a Unitec Masters program has been offered.
- have pledged to do a research thesis with at least 90 credits.
To get all the facts, please read the Masters Scholarship Guidelines.
Application Procedure for Master of Landscape Architecture Scholarships
- If you are interested in this educational program, it is advised that you apply for admission to the university’s postgraduate degree program. The application form can then be completed following that.
- Documents in Support: Students must submit the necessary paperwork to the university to be considered for this program.
- Candidates must fulfill the university’s entrance standards to apply for the program.
- Language Requirement: If you haven’t had your schooling in English, you’ll need to show that you have a sufficient level of the language. Review the English language requirements for further information.
Associate Professor Matthew Bradbury can be reached for details and requirements for applications at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Application Deadline is: the 28th of July, 2023
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other New Zealand scholarships here.