Application is now open for the Newcastle University GREAT Scholarships. Interested applicants are encouraged to send in their applications before the deadline date.
About Newcastle University and Scholarship
Newcastle University, officially known as the University of Newcastle upon Tyne, stands as a prominent public research institution located in the vibrant city of Newcastle upon Tyne in North East England. Renowned for its commitment to academic excellence and innovation, the university extends its global reach through overseas campuses in Singapore and Malaysia. As a distinguished member of the Russell Group, an esteemed association of research-intensive universities in the United Kingdom, Newcastle University has solidified its position as a red-brick university with a rich history and a commitment to cutting-edge research.
The university traces its origins back to the School of Medicine and Surgery, established in 1834, and the College of Physical Science (later known as Armstrong College), founded in 1871. These foundational institutions eventually merged to create King’s College in 1937.
In a testament to its global engagement and commitment to fostering international collaboration, Newcastle University has partnered with the British Council and the GREAT Britain Campaign. Together, they are providing three scholarships to applicants for postgraduate courses in all subject areas from Indonesia, Pakistan, and Turkey. This program, which is a component of GREAT Scholarships 2024, entails working with seventy-two UK colleges. With the help of the initiative, postgraduate students from Turkey, Pakistan, and Indonesia will be able to pursue top-notch higher education possibilities in the UK.
This cooperative endeavor demonstrates Newcastle University’s commitment to developing an inclusive and varied academic community, promoting international relationships, and offering opportunities to exceptional international students. The university’s dedication to developing talent and fostering cross-border collaboration in higher education is further demonstrated by programs like the GREAT Scholarships program, which support the university’s ongoing contributions to the worldwide progress of knowledge and research. It encourages prospective students from Indonesia, Pakistan, and Turkey to take advantage of this wonderful opportunity and join the dynamic and internationally involved academic community at Newcastle University.
Details about Newcastle University GREAT Scholarships:
Scholarship Sponsor: Newcastle University, UK
Scholarship Value: £10,000
Number of awards: 3
Study level: Masters
Host Institution(s): Newcastle University, UK
Eligibility Criteria for Newcastle University GREAT Scholarships
Candidates are advised to meet the following requirements to be eligible for Newcastle University GREAT Scholarships:
- The applicant must hold an offer from Newcastle University for a one-year postgraduate teaching course and be a citizen of one of the following countries: Indonesia, Pakistan, or Turkey.
- The candidate must hold, or anticipate earning, a degree equal to an upper second-class UK honors degree or higher.
- After being found to be globally eligible for tuition and after getting an offer of admission to the University’s Newcastle city center campus for the 2024–2025 academic year, applicants may submit and be evaluated for a scholarship. Applications that do not meet these two prerequisites cannot be reviewed.
- The following candidates are not qualified to apply for awards: candidates for MPhil, MRes, MLitt, and doctoral degrees (such as PhD, Integrated PhD, or DClinPsych).
- Applications for Postgraduate Certificate or Postgraduate Diploma Online (E-learning) degree programs
- Study abroad, exchange, or intercalating students at Newcastle University
- Applicants for undergraduate programs
- Applicants for dual award degrees
- Students who were enrolled in the university at the time of the award and had already started their postgraduate studies Rewarding someone in the past is not possible.
- Students retaking classes
- Studying overseas and hosting exchange students
- Students from Universitas Indonesia enrolled in the Faculty of Medical Sciences
Full Newcastle University terms and conditions are available here (PDF: 100KB) and for the British Council terms and conditions please go to your country’s GREAT Scholarship web page on the British Council’s GREAT Scholarship website.
Application Process for Newcastle University GREAT Scholarships
You must apply online for this scholarship in addition to your course. To apply for the scholarship, you must already have an accepted offer to study at the university. Interested and qualified candidates for the Newcastle University GREAT Scholarships should fill out an online application form.
Newcastle upon Tyne
Telephone: +44 (0) 191 208 5537
The Application Deadline is: May 16, 2024
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other UK scholarships here.