We are delighted to bring the Newcastle University Sanctuary Scholarships to interested applicants. Continue reading this article to find out about the scholarship, its worth, eligibility, and application process.
Newcastle University Sanctuary scholarships are glad to support equal access to higher education and are pleased to offer the scholarship consisting of full tuition fee support and a bursary for living expenses for candidates wishing to study at the University.
The scholarships have been designed to help students from asylum-seeker and refugee backgrounds to progress to higher levels of study. Newcastle University is a UK public research university located in Newcastle upon Tyne, North East England.
Newcastle University has overseas campuses in Malaysia and Singapore. The university is a red brick university and a member of the Russell Group, it is also an association of research-intensive UK universities.
The university’s history is traced to the School of Medicine and Surgery (later the College of Medicine), formed in 1834, and the College of Physical Science later renamed Armstrong College which was formed in 1871.
The two colleges came to form the larger division of the federal University of Durham, with the Durham Colleges forming the other. However, the Newcastle colleges joined to form King’s College in 1937. In 1963, after an Act of Parliament, King’s College became the University of Newcastle upon Tyne.
Newcastle University subdivides into three faculties which are the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences; the Faculty of Medical Sciences; and the Faculty of Science, Agriculture, and Engineering. The university offers about 175 full-time undergraduate degree programs in a broad range of subject areas spanning arts, sciences, engineering, and medicine, together with approximately 340 postgraduate taught and research programs across a range of disciplines.
Currently, the university has one of the largest EU research portfolios in the UK. Newcastle University is a member of the Russell Group of the UK’s research-intensive universities. The university is rated in the top 200 of most world rankings, and in the top 25 of most UK rankings.
Newcastle University is rated 146th by QS, 114th by Leiden, and joint 171st by Times Higher Education globally in 2018, while nationally, it is placed 21st by the Times/Sunday Times Good University Guide, 22nd by the Complete University Guide, and 27th by the Guardian for 2018.
In addition, most of its undergraduate courses are rated in the top 20 by the Complete University Guide in the country with a number of subjects rated in the top 10 such as Dentistry (3rd), Medicine (9th), Architecture (5th), Linguistics (3rd) Art and Design (1st), and Communication and Media Studies (1st).
In 2013, Newcastle University entered into a two-year agreement with sportswear producer Adidas that includes scholarships and sportswear for two of the university’s most talented athletes, and some funding for the Athletics’ Union.
Worth of Newcastle University Sanctuary Scholarships
The Newcastle University Sanctuary Scholarships covers full tuition fees and living expenses.
Eligibility for Newcastle University Sanctuary Scholarships
- Asylum seekers are eligible for Newcastle University Sanctuary Scholarships.
- Children of asylum seekers and unaccompanied asylum-seeking children are eligible for the scholarship.
- Candidates with refugee status (ineligible for Student Finance government funding) are qualified for Newcastle University Sanctuary Scholarships.
- Each candidate who has been granted Humanitarian Protection, Discretionary Leave to Remain as a result of an application for asylum, or the children of a parent in this position, will also be eligible.
- You must be living in the North East of England “Tyne and Wear, County Durham, Northumberland, Cleveland, and North Cumbria” at the time that they apply for consideration under the scheme.
- You must have applied for a place in a Newcastle University degree program to be qualified for the scholarship. Note that priority will be given to candidates applying for their first degree.
- Your predicted grades must meet the entry requirements for the degree concerned
- Scholars who hold qualifications from outside the UK are welcome to use the university’s International Webpages.
- Candidates must meet the English language criteria for their course or have related qualifications to show their English language competency.
How to Apply for Newcastle University Sanctuary Scholarships
If you are interested in Newcastle University Sanctuary Scholarships and eligible for the scholarship, visit the university’s official website to apply. For more information about the scholarship, click here.
Application Deadline for Newcastle University Sanctuary Scholarships
The application deadline for the scholarship is April 8, 2022.
Official Website: Click here
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other UK scholarships here