Application is now open for UWE Bristol OfS Scholarships in MSc Data Science. Interested applicants are encouraged to send their applications in before the deadline date.
About the University of the West of England ( UWE Bristol) and Scholarship
A public research university in and around Bristol, England, UK, is called the University of the West of England (commonly known as UWE Bristol). It is the largest higher education provider in the South West of England with more than 30,000 students and 3,000 employees.
In 1969, it was referred to as the Bristol Polytechnic; in 1992, it was granted university status and changed its name to the University of the West of England, Bristol. It shares a common ancestor with the Universities of Bristol and Bath, the Merchant Venturers’ Technical College, which was established as a college in 1595 by the Society of Merchant Venturers.
Greater Bristol is home to numerous campuses that make up UWE Bristol. As the majority of the school’s courses are taught there, the Frenchay location has the most students of any location. City Campus, which is made up of Bower Ashton Studios, Arnolfini, Spike Island, and Watershed, offers courses in the creative and cultural industries. The organization collaborates with the Bristol Old Vic Theatre School and accredits its graduate programs. An additional adult nursing cohort is headquartered at Gloucester Campus, while the majority of the Faculty of Health and Applied Sciences is housed in Frenchay and Glenside campuses. Animal sciences, sport, equestrian, agriculture, and conservation are all taught at Hartpury Campus.
According to The Guardian University Guide 2021, UWE Bristol is one of the top 25 institutions in the UK. Only four universities in the UK, including UWE Bristol, offer university enterprise zones with space for more than 70 enterprises and the largest robotics lab in the country.
The institution received a Gold grade from the Teaching Excellence Framework of 2018, a government evaluation of the standard of undergraduate instruction in universities. According to a study by THE Times published in 2017, UWE Bristol was one of the top 150 institutions under 50 worldwide. According to the SCImago Institutions Rankings for 2019, it was rated 464th out of all institutions in the globe.
The Office for Students is funding these scholarships to increase the representation of historically underrepresented groups in data science and artificial intelligence (AI). They are worth £10k each and are intended to be used for tuition and supplies.
Details about UWE Bristol OfS Scholarships in MSc Data Science:
Scholarship Sponsor: Office for Students
Scholarship Value: £10,000
Number of awards: N/A
Study level: Postgraduate, Masters
Host Institution(s): University of the West of England UWE Bristol
UWE Bristol OfS Scholarships in MSc Data Science -Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must satisfy the requirements for a UK Master’s Loan. The following criteria must be met for you to be eligible to apply for UWE Bristol OfS Scholarships in MSc Data Science:
- There are no time limits on how long you may stay if you are a citizen of the UK or Ireland, have settled status under the EU Settlement Scheme, or have indefinite permission to remain.
- Before the first day of the first academic year of your program, you have resided in the UK, the Channel Islands, or the Isle of Man for three years straight (apart from brief absences like vacations).
Students that identify as black, female, and handicapped will get scholarships in priority. Additional accessibility may include:
- Students from regions of the UK (POLAR quintiles 1 and 2) where young people are less likely to pursue higher education
- experienced pupils with care
- former pupils
- Student travelers, gypsies, and Roma
- Veterans and spouses of military members, as well as children from military households.
Application Procedure for UWE Bristol OfS Scholarships in MSc Data Science
- Before enrolling in the MSc Data Science program, candidates must first apply and get a UWE Bristol Welcome ID.
- If you have any concerns regarding your eligibility for the degree, please email the course leader Paul Matthews at email@example.com.
The Submission Deadline is: July 28, 2023
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other UK scholarships here.