Application is now open for the University of Warwick PhD Fellowships Call for Application. Interested candidates are encouraged to send their applications in before the deadline date.
About the University of Warwick and Fellowship
Situated between the West Midlands and Warwickshire in England, the University of Warwick (/ˈwɒrɪk/ WORR-ik) is a public research institution that is often shortened as Warw.
The university is happy to inform candidates who would like to begin a PhD in October 2024 that up to four Departmental PhD Fellowships will be available. International students are welcome to apply.
Dr. Mikhail Spektor and Dr Sabrina Twilhaar will be the project supervisors for two of these fellowships. You can find more information about these initiatives by clicking on the links to the academic staff. Applications for two of these fellowships are welcome, and candidates may designate their primary and secondary supervisors. here is a list of the school’s faculty members along with their areas of research interest.
Details about the University of Warwick PhD Fellowships Call for Application:
Scholarship Sponsor: University of Warwick, UK
Scholarship Value: Check Below
Number of awards: 4
Study level: PhD, Fellowship
Host Institution(s): University of Warwick, UK
These Fellowships pay:
- Fees for tuition at the ‘Home’ (UK) rate of £4,853** (part-time £2,911.80) in 2024–2025
- A maintenance allowance for three years totaling £19,370 (part-time £11,622) per year.
- Opportunities to enroll in or observe taught postgraduate courses in Psychology and related fields
- Opportunities for teaching in the Department
- The University PGR Professional Development Framework offers 60 hours of skill development.
- Warwick Skills Forge accessibility
- Opportunities to attend and present at departmental research Seminars and internal seminars
- Seminars and workshops about professional development
- Mentors in addition to supervisors in the classroom
- Generous policies for maternity, paternity, adoption, and parental leave as well as on-site childcare facilities
- PhD students are entitled to paid sick leave
- Funding for research expenses
Eligibility Criteria for University of Warwick PhD Fellowships Call for Application
Applicants are advised to meet the following requirements to be qualified for the University of Warwick PhD Fellowships Call for Application:
- A First Class undergraduate degree or a Master’s distinction in psychology or a similar field is preferred, while an Upper Second Class undergraduate degree in psychology or a related field is the minimal requirement for applicants. Qualifications from other countries that are comparable to those from the UK are also accepted.
- Successful international applicants must meet the English language entry requirements in addition to the academic requirements (https://warwick.ac.uk/study/postgraduate/apply/english/). Please be aware that the subject of psychology is Band B.
Application Process for University of Warwick PhD Fellowships Call for Application
Those who haven’t submitted a PhD application through the university before should do so online at https://warwick.ac.uk/pgapply, the Doctoral College form.
Instead, use the online application form if you are an applicant who has already submitted a PhD application with them. Only ONE application should be submitted by each applicant.
Please indicate your want to be considered for a Departmental PhD Fellowship in the “Finance and Funding” area of the form, together with the name of your intended supervisor. Kindly submit your curriculum vitae together with a research proposal that explains your choice of supervisor. Please provide your resume and a research proposal explaining why you are a qualified candidate for the topic you have chosen, including your background, interests, and relevant experience, for the projects overseen by Dr Spektor and Dr Twilhaar.
The organization requires a well-written, no more than 2,000-word research proposal. It must persuade them that your topic is worthwhile and achievable and that you possess the necessary expertise and abilities to complete the assignment. The proposal’s quality and suitability for a certain prospective supervisor’s research interests will be given priority. A maximum of three figures and an end-of-proposal reference list may be included to bolster your argument.
The Application Deadline is: March 15, 2024
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other UK scholarships here.