Application is now open for the Westerwelle Foundation Young Founders Fellowship Programme. Interested candidates are encouraged to send their applications in before the deadline date.
About Westerwelle Foundation and Fellowship
With its headquarters located in Berlin, Germany, the nonprofit Westerwelle Foundation for International Understanding the goal is to elevate emerging markets via empowered entrepreneurship, thereby generating equal opportunity for everybody.
For 25 leaders, the Westerwelle Young Founders Programme (YFP) is a six-month fellowship that elevates developing and emerging markets in the direction of a sustainable future. The foundation provides focused assistance to help the founders grow their businesses and hone their leadership skills through the following program plan:
- Kick-Off Event: In early March 2024, there will be a two-day digital kick-off event.
- Remote Program: The Young Founders will get six months of support from March to August, which includes a personal mentor, peer learning sessions every month, expert seminars every month, and chances to network with investors and corporates.
- Berlin Conference: In June 2025, the top ten Young Founders will receive invitations to a five-day conference in Berlin. The creators will have the chance to network, attend workshops, make a pitch in front of investors, and learn about the German startup landscape all during this conference.
Details about Westerwelle Foundation Young Founders Fellowship Programme:
Scholarship Sponsor: Westerwelle Foundation, Germany
Scholarship Value: Varies
Number of awards: N/A
Study level: Fellowship
Host Institution(s): Westerwelle Foundation, Germany
- Mentoring: A special relationship in which a prosperous investor or entrepreneur acts as your sparring partner.
- Peer Learning: Information sharing and mutual assistance amongst the cohort’s accomplished young founders through exchanges.
- Expert Sessions: Comprehensive discussions on pertinent subjects led by elite experts
- Global Community: Gaining access to new business prospects through relationships with partners, program graduates, and other Westerwelle Foundation network members
- Berlin Conference: For the top 10 registrants, a fully sponsored 5-day conference alongside other founders will provide exposure to the Berlin Startup Ecosystem.
Eligibility Criteria for Westerwelle Foundation Young Founders Fellowship Programme
The foundation is seeking entrepreneurs who meet the following requirements and have a strong potential for growth and impact as leaders of a sustainable future:
- You are a resident or citizen of a nation that is developing or rising.
- You recently launched a for-profit business with an emphasis on developing or emerging markets (within the last five years).
- Your business has a scalable model that has brought in money or completed a first round of outside investment.
- You or your company have disruptive attributes that can improve the standard, influence, or inclusivity of the sector.
- You are proficient in using the English language.
- You can create time to take part in the six-month program activities and are available to attend the digital kick-off conference.
Application Procedure for Westerwelle Foundation Young Founders Fellowship Programme
Interested and qualified fellows should complete an application form.
The Submission Deadline is: 11 February 2024
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other Germany scholarships here.