Application is now open for the International PhD Positions in Farm-Economic Analysis at Wageningen University & Research. Interested candidates are encouraged to send their applications in before the deadline date.
About Wageningen University & Research and Scholarship
Wageningen University & Research (WUR), also known as Wageningen UR, is a prominent public research university located in Wageningen, Netherlands, with a specialization in life sciences, particularly in the fields of agriculture, technical studies, and engineering. It holds global significance as a center for research in life sciences and agriculture, and it is situated in the region of the Netherlands recognized as the Food Valley.
WUR is comprised of two main components: Wageningen University and the former agricultural research institutes of the Dutch Ministry of Agriculture. Wageningen University, as a research-focused institution, offers bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees in life and social sciences. The university directs its research efforts toward addressing scientific, social, and commercial challenges in the realms of life sciences and natural resources. It has earned a reputation for excellence in life sciences, agricultural studies, and environmental science on a global scale.
In recognition of the increasing importance of higher education and pioneering research, Wageningen University & Research has introduced the International PhD Positions in Farm-Economic Analysis of Transitioning to Sustainable Mixed Cropping in Dutch Agriculture for the academic year 2023. This prestigious program is open to students from all over the world and is aimed at supporting individuals who are passionate about sustainable agriculture and economic analysis. The program offers a competitive gross salary, starting at €2770 per month in the first year and increasing to €3539 in the fourth year. It provides a valuable opportunity for motivated international students to pursue knowledge and research excellence while making a significant impact on global issues.
Details about International PhD Positions in Farm-Economic Analysis at Wageningen University & Research:
Scholarship Sponsor: Wageningen University & Research, Netherlands
Scholarship Value: Salary
Number of awards: N/A
Study level: PhD
Host Institution(s): Wageningen University & Research, Netherlands
Successful applicants for the International PhD Positions in Farm-Economic Analysis of Transitioning to Sustainable Mixed Cropping in Dutch Agriculture will enjoy the following benefits:
- First-year gross salary of €2770 per month
- Salary increasing to €3539 in the fourth year
- Full-time working week of 38 hours
Eligibility Criteria for International PhD Positions in Farm-Economic Analysis
Applicants are advised to meet the following requirements to be eligible for International PhD Positions in Farm-Economic Analysis at Wageningen University & Research:
- Countries Eligible: Applicants of all nationalities are welcome.
- Acceptable Course(s): PhD program in marine shellfish cultivation biodiversity
- Admissible Requirements: To be considered for this program, candidates must fulfill the following requirements:
- Possess an MSc degree in one of the following: (1) business or agricultural economics; or (2) agricultural sciences with a track record of economic engagement.
- Demonstrate oral and written English fluency and be able to function in a multidisciplinary team of social scientists and natural scientists.
- Demonstrate a familiarity or understanding of Dutch agriculture.
- Show a keen interest in simulating farmer behavior and a background in quantitative economic analysis at the farm level.
- Have perfect English.
- Admission Criteria: It is important to verify and fulfill all university admission requirements before applying for the PhD program.
- Language Requirement: Regardless of nationality or place of residence, candidates must demonstrate a certain level of English language proficiency. Please refer to the official rules of the institution for full details regarding the English language requirements.
The following files must be attached with an application from the applicant:
- Previous degree certificate
- Transcripts of academic records
- Statement of motivation
Application Procedure for International PhD Positions in Farm-Economic Analysis
The Submission Deadline is: November 27, 2023
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other Netherlands scholarships here.