Application is now open for the Psychology Doctoral Research International Studentships at the University of Sussex. Interested applicants are encouraged to send in their applications before the deadline date.
About the University of Sussex and Scholarship
At the vanguard of academic innovation and quality is the University of Sussex, a well-known public research-intensive university in Falmer, East Sussex, England.
Being a university that values the world, a significant percentage of its student population is enrolled in postgraduate programs. The institution’s commitment to promoting cutting-edge research and intellectual development is reflected in its emphasis on postgraduate education. Furthermore, a third of the university’s professors are foreign nationals, adding to a diverse mix of viewpoints and experiences. This further demonstrates the university’s dedication to diversity in personnel.
With the Psychology Doctoral Research Overseas Studentships for the academic year 2024–2025, the University of Sussex is offering assistance to overseas students in recognition of their financial struggles. The university’s dedication to helping exceptional and worthy overseas students start their postgraduate research adventure at Sussex is demonstrated by this funding scheme. By offering financial aid, the university hopes to enable these students to make a significant contribution to the University of Sussex’s intellectual community and jumpstart their academic aspirations.
Details about Psychology Doctoral Research International Studentships at the University of Sussex:
Scholarship Sponsor: University of Sussex, UK
Scholarship Value: Varies
Number of awards: 7
Study level: PhD, Postgraduate Research
Host Institution(s): University of Sussex, UK
The University of Sussex will cover the following study expenses:
- A three-year stipend (£18,622 annually for 2023–2024)
- Three years of coverage for costs in the UK or abroad
- The expenditures for training and research will total £750 per year for three years.
- Possibility of paying for doctoral tutoring at Grade 6 (£17.38 per hour)
- School-supplied During their PhD, postgraduate researchers have the option to pursue doctoral tutoring.
- Scholarships of up to seven are offered for September 2024.
Eligibility Criteria for Psychology Doctoral Research International Studentships
Applicants are advised to meet the following requirements to be eligible for Psychology Doctoral Research International Studentships at the University of Sussex:
- Countries Eligible: All nationalities are welcome.
- Acceptable Course(s): PhD programs in neuroscience, psychology, or a similar field
- Acceptable Criteria: Candidates must possess, or anticipate obtaining, a Master’s degree in psychology, neuroscience, or a related field, as well as a First or high second-class honors undergraduate degree, or a comparable qualification.
- Admission Requirements: Candidates must hold a Master’s degree in psychology, neuroscience, or a related field, as well as a First or high Upper Second Class Honours undergraduate degree, or an equivalent.
- Language Requirement: As stated on the PhD home page, international students must fulfill the English language requirements.
Candidates must upload all the following supporting documents:
- A study proposal describing the knowledge in the field, prospective techniques, and hypotheses should be between 1,000 and 1,500 words, but no more than three pages.
- Transcript(s) for the current degree, including comprehensive performance information for all courses completed.
- Two academic references.
- A current resume.
- A statement outlining your teaching background and demonstrating your fit for the position of doctorate tutor.
- International students must present documentation of their command of the English language.
Application Process for Psychology Doctoral Research International Studentships
- Before you begin your application, please go over Some questions often asked.
- For September 2024 admission, please submit your application online for the “PhD in Psychology.”
- Put the name(s) of the supervisor(s) you have addressed in the area of your application that says “Supervisor suggested by applicant.” It is doubtful that you will be considered for a studentship at the school if you leave this field empty.
- Please include ‘Psychology Doctoral Research Studentship’ in the Proposed source of funding part of your application.
Please email email@example.com with any questions you may have about the application process. If you would like to talk more about the specifics of your research interests, please get in touch with a suitable professor from the list of supervisors. On your application, a possible supervisor must be named.
The Submission Deadline is: 5 January 2024
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other UK scholarships here.