Application is now open for The Rotary Foundation Scholarships. Interested candidates are encouraged to send their applications in before the deadline date.
About IHE Delft Institute for Water Education and Scholarship
Located in Delft, Netherlands, the IHE Delft Institute for Water Education is the world’s largest international graduate water education facility. Delft is a globally recognized hub for expertise on water infrastructure, technology, and sciences that draws top scientists and students from all over the world. IHE Delft collaborates with the water knowledge city of Delft as well as other Delft-based water-related institutes. The Institute, in collaboration with partners in the Netherlands, awards fully accredited MSc and PhD degrees. As a flagship institution in the UN-Water family, the Institute has trained over 23,000 water professionals from more than 190 countries at the graduate level since 1957.
Nearly all of the professionals (engineers and scientists) who have received postgraduate study at the Institute since its founding in 1957 are from developing or transitional nations. Additionally, it has completed more than 100 PhD candidates and carried out a large number of global research and capacity-building projects. Upon returning home, several of the alumni rose to senior positions and continue to be important linkages in the global water network.
IHE Delft plays a key role in supporting other academic institutions and research centers’ efforts to improve the expertise of professionals in the water sector.
The expertise and resources of IHE Delft in the area of institutional and human capacity building are available to UNESCO member states, which is advantageous for their pursuit of the Sustainable Development Goals, particularly SDG 6 (ensuring access to clean water and sanitation).
With the Rotary Foundation Scholarships 2024/2025, you can study in the Netherlands. Applications for the Rotary Scholarships for Water and Sanitation Professionals, which are available to all international students, are being accepted from appropriately qualified candidates.
The Rotary Foundation (TRF) and the IHE Delft Institute for Water Education have a strategic cooperation that results in the scholarship. The goal of the scholarships is to help Rotarians and highly qualified water and sanitation experts in their areas build enduring, fruitful relationships.
Details about The Rotary Foundation Scholarships:
Scholarship Sponsor: The Rotary Foundation/IHE Delft Institute for Water Education
Scholarship Value: Not specified
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Postgraduate (Masters)
Host Institution(s): IHE Delft Institute for Water Education
The Rotary Foundation Scholarships – Eligibility Criteria
Candidates are advised to meet the following conditions to be qualified for The Rotary Foundation Scholarships:
- The candidate needs to have graduated with a bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
- Must have a desire to learn new skills and pursue training in the fields of water resources, ecosystem health, and health and health.
- Must exhibit superior leadership and academic skills.
Application Process for The Rotary Foundation Scholarships
Interested candidates should fill out the online application for the Rotary Scholarships 2023, and for postgraduate studies, they should adhere to the instructions listed below:
- Apply as soon as possible, no later than April 1, 2024, for admission to the IHE Delft Master program in Water and Sustainable Development.
- search for your nearest Rotary club in the application process.
- Ask the club to put you up for a Rotary scholarship nomination.
- Both you and the Rotary Club must complete the application form.
- By no later than April 15, 2024, the sponsoring Rotary Club will submit your application, fully completed, to the Rotary/IHE Delft selection committee in The Netherlands. Emails with the application to firstname.lastname@example.org must be sent to the Rotary/IHE Delft committee in the Netherlands, with copies to the district governor and chair of the district Rotary foundation.
- Before May 15, 2024, all candidates will be notified of the results after the selection process.
- Final clearance is subject to The Rotary Foundation’s official endorsement on July 1, 2024.
You can visit the official website for further details.
The Submission Deadline is: 1 April 2024
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other Netherlands scholarships here.