The notable Singapore Alumni ASEAN Scholarship is charitably funded by a group of Monash alumni who live and work in Singapore – alumni who are intense about making an exceptional international education available to young people from the region.
The goal of the Singapore Alumni ASEAN Scholarship is to change lives by supporting financially disadvantaged students from the ASEAN region to study at Monash University.
If successful, applicants will receive tuition fees and related study cost support valued up to AUD 360,000, letting you complete a full-time single undergraduate degree at any of Monash’s Australian campuses, as well as the chance to fully engage yourself in Australian culture.
Monash University is a public research university founded in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia. Named for notable World War I general Sir John Monash, it was established in 1958 and is the second oldest university in the state.
The university has some campuses, four of which are in Victoria (Clayton, Caulfield, Peninsula, and Parkville), and one in Malaysia. Monash University also has a research and teaching center in Prato, Italy, a graduate research school in Mumbai, India, and graduate schools in Suzhou, China, and Tangerang, Indonesia.
However, Monash University courses are also delivered at other locations, which include South Africa. The university is home to major research facilities, including the Monash Law School, the Australian Synchrotron, the Monash Science Technology Research and Innovation Precinct (STRIP), the Australian Stem Cell Centre, Victorian College of Pharmacy, and 100 research centers and 17 co-operative research centers.
The university’s total revenue was over $2.72 billion (AUD), with an external research income of around $462 million. That same year, Monash University enrolled over 55,000 undergraduate and over 25,000 graduate students.
Monash University has more applicants than any other university in the state of Victoria. The university is a member of Australia’s Group of Eight research universities, a member of the ASAIHL, and is the only Australian member of the M8 Alliance of Academic Health Centers, Universities, and National Academies.
The university is one of the Australian universities to be rated in the École des Mines de Paris (Mines ParisTech) ranking based on the number of alumni listed among CEOs in the 500 largest worldwide companies.
Monash University is invariably rated among the world’s top 55–70 universities in the QS World University Rankings. The university staff produces over 3,000 research publications each year, with research performed in over 150 fields of study.
In addition, the university is home to over 120 research centers and institutes. Its major interdisciplinary research centers include the Monash Biomedicine Discovery Institute, the Monash University Accident Research Centre, and the Monash Centre for Synchrotron Science.
Some renowned research centers also found at or affiliated with Monash University include the Australian Regenerative Medicine Institute, the Castan Centre for Human Rights Law, the Melbourne Centre for Nanofabrication, and the Monash Institute of Medical Research.
Furthermore, some of the university’s notable research achievements include the world’s first IVF pregnancy, the first seatbelt legislation, the discovery of the anti-influenza drug Relenza (Zanamivir), the discovery that nerve stem cells could be emanated from embryonic stem cells, and the development of a single-use oral anti-malaria drug.
Worths of the Scholarship:
All successful candidates will be awarded the Singapore Alumni ASEAN Scholarship $14,000 AUD allowance per year.
Requirements for Singapore Alumni ASEAN Scholarship
- A resident of an ASEAN country https://www.dfat.gov.au/geo/southeast-asia
- Apply for a full-time Monash course offer in any single degree*, at Monash University, at a campus in Australia
- Have not previously studied at Monash University
- You must display that you come from a low-income household to be eligible for Singapore Alumni ASEAN Scholarship
- You must have not started university study at any institution.
How to Apply for Singapore Alumni ASEAN Scholarship,
Interested and qualified for Singapore Alumni ASEAN Scholarship, Go to Monash University on form.jotform.com to apply
- Applications end on 17 July 2022.
- Extra information for applicants can be downloaded here.
- For this Singapore Alumni ASEAN Scholarship, you must submit a separate online Application form.
- We urge you to submit your scholarship application using the online form.
- Alternatively, you may download an offline application form and send all documents to email@example.com with the subject header Singapore Alumni ASEAN Scholarship – [Your Name].
- You will also need to submit a course application.
- Applications for this Singapore Alumni ASEAN Scholarship will have their $ 100-course application fee waived. Please request a waiver code from firstname.lastname@example.org before you submit your course application.
- Additional information and entry requirements for international undergraduate courses 2022.
The Application Deadline for the Scholarship is July 17, 2022.
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other Australia scholarships here