Application is now open for the University of Bonn International Fellowships for Post-Doctoral Researchers. Interested applicants are encouraged to send their applications in before the deadline date.
About the University of Bonn and Fellowship
In Bonn, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany, there is a public research university known as the Rhenish Friedrich Wilhelm University of Bonn (German: Rheinische Friedrich-Wilhelms-Universität Bonn). Frederick William III established it on October 18, 1818, as the Rhein-Universität (English: Rhine University), the linear successor to the Kurkölnische Akademie Bonn (English: Academy of the Prince-elector of Cologne), which was established in 1777. The University of Bonn has 544 professors and provides several undergraduate and graduate degrees in a variety of fields.
The University of Bonn is consistently ranked among the best German universities in the world rankings and is one of the most research-intensive universities in Germany. It is a member of the German U15 association of major research-intensive universities in Germany and holds the designation of “University of Excellence” under the German Universities Excellence Initiative.
This funding program is intended to support the invitation of outstanding scholars from various fields of expertise to the University of Bonn for a brief stay of up to 12 days. Scholars from strategic partner institutions and universities in priority countries for international engagement will be given preference. The goal is to fully integrate the fellows into academic life at Bonn and increase public awareness of them at least among academics. Furthermore, these scholarships are intended to pave the way for potential joint initiatives in the future between applicants and fellows.
Details about the University of Bonn International Fellowships:
Scholarship Sponsor: University of Bonn, Germany
Scholarship Value: Up to €2500
Number of awards: N/A
Study level: Fellowship
Host Institution(s): University of Bonn, Germany
- A travel stipend (based on the country of origin)
- Allowance of up to 12 days, up to and including the day of arrival and departure, at a rate of €160 per day
- Event-related material costs (up to €500 per proposal)
Please keep in mind the guidelines in the funding plan (Excel table, download here) while determining expenditures.
Eligibility Criteria for University of Bonn International Fellowships
Post-doctoral researchers and seasoned academics with a solid worldwide reputation in their field of study who do research and/or teach in a university or research institute overseas. A host from the University of Bonn must invite researchers. Application submission is restricted to University employees.
Please be aware that the fellowships are unable to connect potential fellows with University of Bonn professors.
- The fellows’ standing in their fields of specialty in terms of science
- Contributions made by the fellows to academic life in Bonn, such as through open lectures, seminars, or colloquia
- The projected long-term effects of the visit and a strategy for strengthening the partnership between the fellow and the Bonn host institute
Application Process for University of Bonn International Fellowships
- Project description (PDF of no more than 6 pages, includes the permission statement from the fellow), including:
- The month that has been set aside for the fellow’s visit
- Reasons for inviting the fellow, in particular, a description of their major scientific accomplishments and reputation abroad
- When appropriate: a description of how the applicant and colleague are currently working together
- A strategy for the fellow’s integration into Bonn’s academic life while they are there
- If relevant, a strategy or list of objectives for future collaboration; a description of the anticipated short- or long-term consequence of the visit
- Informal acceptance of the application by the colleague
- CV of the individual
- A budget (download and use this Excel table, please)
You can also visit the official website for further details.
The Application Deadline is: September 28, 2023
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other Germany scholarships here.