Application is now open for the University Of Ottawa Undergraduate African Scholarships. Interested applicants are encouraged to send their applications in before the deadline date.
About the University Of Ottawa and Scholarship
The University of Ottawa is a multilingual public research university in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. Its French name is Université d’Ottawa; it is sometimes known as uOttawa or U of O. The main campus is situated on 42.5 hectares (105 acres), across the Rideau Canal from downtown Ottawa in the Sandy Hill neighborhood.
The variety of the university’s foreign student body makes it proud. This scholarship is available to international students from African nations who are accepted in the Fall 2024 term (September start date) or later, who have an admission average of 80% or higher, who are enrolled in one of the designated undergraduate programs in the faculties of Engineering, Science, or Social Sciences, and who are studying in English.
However, their tuition prices are reduced by $17,500 to $25,000 for excellence scholarships and by $12,000 to $20,000 for entry scholarships, depending on the program annually, thanks to this considerable financial commitment to their education. At the time of enrollment, any student who qualifies for the scholarship will immediately be awarded it. Their tuition expenses will be immediately affected.
The Excellence Scholarship for African Students Studying in English and the Entrance Scholarship cannot be combined. One of Canada’s most generous scholarship programs is this one. It honors both your pre-university academic accomplishments and your successes during each term of full-time University study. The new scholarship will provide African students studying in English access to a wide range of pilot programs in three faculties at a greatly discounted cost of tuition.
Excellence scholarships are granted through a competitive procedure among the top applicants who submit their applications by April 1, 2024, and whose admission has been completed by April 15, 2024, and who have an admission average of 90% or better. Candidates that rank the University of Ottawa as their top school will receive preference. The recipient’s program must begin in September. Each faculty will give out an equal amount of scholarships to promote diversity.
Details about University Of Ottawa Undergraduate African Scholarships:
Scholarship Sponsor: University Of Ottawa, Canada
Scholarship Value: Check Below
Number of awards: N/A
Study level: Undergraduate
Host Institution(s): University Of Ottawa, Canada
The admission and excellence scholarship offers prospective students a four-year grant to help defray a portion of the cost of their university tuition. Canadian dollars are used for all sums. For up to 12 terms, these scholarships are renewable.
Eligibility Criteria for University Of Ottawa Undergraduate African Scholarships
All qualified applicants are considered for this award, and those selected will be informed at the time of admission. Although there is no application process for this award, winners must provide documentation proving that they are citizens of an African nation or territory before they may receive their first payments.
The candidate needs to:
- having a valid study permit and being an overseas student;
- possess nationality from an African nation;
- be full-time students;
- Have an admission average that, when adjusted to the grading scale, is 89.99% or lower to be eligible for the entrance scholarship.
- When translated to the grading scale, your entrance average must be at least 90% to be eligible for the Excellence scholarship.
- I have just been accepted into one of the following undergraduate programs that are offered in either English or French
• Engineering: Civil Engineering; Chemical Engineering
• Social sciences: Sociology; Anthropology; International Development and Globalization; Conflict Studies; Public Administration
• Sciences: All programs except the Honours BSc in Biochemistry / BASc in Chemical Engineering; Honours BSc in Physics/BASc in Electrical Engineering; and Honours BSc in Ophthalmic Medical Technology
Application Procedure for University Of Ottawa Undergraduate African Scholarships
- First, the student has to apply here: https://www.ouac.on.ca/ouac-105/
- The prospective student would then submit their test results and supporting documentation for evaluation once the university received their application and generated a Student Number for them to use to log in to UOZone, the school’s online portal.
- They will be given a conditional admission offer, which may or may not include the scholarship, following a positive evaluation.
You can also visit the official website for further details.
The Submission Deadline is: April 1, 2024
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other Canada scholarships here.