Application is now open for the Study Starter Grant at the University of Southern Queensland. Interested applicants are encouraged to send in their applications before the deadline date.
About the University of Southern Queensland and Scholarship
The University of Southern Queensland is a medium-sized regional university with three campuses located in Toowoomba, Springfield, and Ipswich, Queensland, Australia. It was originally known as USQ. It provides classes in business, education, engineering, the sciences, law, and the arts. As the Darling Downs campus of the Queensland Institute of Technology, the organization was founded in 1969. The university had been offering study abroad and rural Queensland communities in 1970.
The institution is known for having Australia’s biggest Japanese-designed garden, the country’s biggest solar-integrated parking, and a library featuring rainforest and water elements. The institution received the worldwide Green Gown award in 2017 for its commitment to sustainability, which focuses on renewable energy, waste reduction, water retention, and sustainability integration into strategic planning.
To help new undergraduate students manage the costs of attending college, the Study Starter Grant offers financial assistance. The application process is suggested for UniSQ students from low- to middle-income families. Applicants from rural towns, and remote/very remote communities within Australia, as well as those with an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander background, will be given consideration. In Study Periods 1, 2, and 3 of 2023, the grant will accept applications.
Details about the Study Starter Grant at the University of Southern Queensland:
Scholarship Sponsor: University of Southern Queensland, Australia
Scholarship Value: $3000
Number of awards: N/A
Study level: Undergraduate
Host Institution(s): University of Southern Queensland, Australia
Available courses: Agriculture and Environment, Arts and Humanities, Aviation, Indigenous Students, Information Technology, Law and Criminology, Media and Communication, Nursing and Allied Health, Psychology and Human Services, Business and Management, Education and Teaching, Engineering, Equity, Surveying and Built Environment, Visual and Performing Arts, Sciences
Eligibility Criteria for Study Starter Grant
Applicants are advised to meet the following requirements to be qualified for the Study Starter Grant at the University of Southern Queensland:
- Be a permanent resident of Australia, an Australian citizen, or a citizen of New Zealand.
- Be beginning undergraduate studies at UniSQ during the study term of the application
- Be enrolled in at least one study unit during the application period and satisfy at least one of the requirements below:
- an annual household income that does not exceed the qualifying criterion (low-to-middle income), or;
- hail from a rural town or extremely remote Australian community, or;
- identify as an Australian Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander.
- Give proof of your financial situation and/or that of your family, such as:
- Centrelink Income Support Statement
- Evidence of Income (Australian Taxation Office Notice of Assessment for the most current financial year and payslips covering the most current two months)
- Concession/Healthcare/Medicare Card/s
- If you are financially dependent on your family, you will need to provide evidence of family income.
If applicable, provide proof of the following:
- A permanent address in or have moved to study from a major, medium, or small rural town, or a remote or extremely distant settlement inside Australia, as classified by the Modified Monash Model 2019 Classification (see Health Workforce Locator map for more information).
- Your authenticated status as an Australian who is an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander.
Please Note: An applicant’s other UniSQ-awarded scholarships may be taken into account while making a decision. Some scholarships cannot be maintained as a whole.
Application Procedure for Study Starter Grant
Application must be made through the UniSQ Scholarships Online Application Management System. If you need assistance in completing your application please download the Scholarship Online Application Manual.
University of Southern Queensland
Phone: 1800 269 500
Note: UniSQ retains the right to change the terms of the scholarship/bursary in the event of exceptional circumstances. UniSQ retains the right not to offer the scholarship/bursary in a particular year.
The Submission Deadline is: November 20, 2023
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other Australia scholarships here.