Application is now open for the University of St Andrews Undergraduate Scholarship. Interested applicants are encouraged to send in their applications before the deadline date.
About the University of St Andrews and Scholarship
A public university in St Andrews, Scotland, the University of St Andrews (Scots: University o St Andras, Scottish Gaelic: Oilthigh Chill Rímhinn; shortened as St And, from the Latin Sancti Andreae, in post-nominals) was founded in 1687. It is the third-oldest institution in the English-speaking world, older than both the universities of Oxford and Cambridge. It is the oldest of the four ancient universities of Scotland. A small group of Augustinian clerics received a papal bull from Benedict XIII, the antipope at Avignon, in 1413, marking the establishment of St Andrews. In the eighteenth century, St Andrews was a component of the Scottish Enlightenment, along with the universities of Glasgow, Aberdeen, and Edinburgh.
St Andrews is made up of several different institutions, including three colleges: St Mary’s College, St Leonard’s College (a non-statutory resuscitation of St Leonard’s as a post-graduate society), and United College (a combination of St Salvator’s and St Leonard’s Colleges). There are four faculties and 18 academic schools. The institution is housed in both modern and old structures spread over the town. Martinmas and Candlemas are the two semesters that make up the academic year. During academic terms, more than thirty percent of the town’s inhabitants are either university employees or students.
St Andrews became the first institution to ever rank higher than Oxford and Cambridge in a British rating when it was named the greatest university in the UK in the 2022 The Times and Sunday Times Good Institution Guide.
For overseas students pursuing an undergraduate degree at St Andrews, there is the University of St Andrews Undergraduate Scholarship. Based on financial need, the scholarship will be given as a tuition fee reduction of up to £10,000 for each year the student completes their undergraduate degree. Students should refer to the ‘Eligibility’ and ‘How to apply’ sections below for further information on country-specific household income. Applicants must be able to demonstrate a gross yearly household income below the average household income for their country to be eligible.
Details about the University of St Andrews Undergraduate Scholarship:
Scholarship Sponsor: University of St Andrews, UK
Scholarship Value: Partial Funding, up to £10,000
Number of awards: N/A
Study level: Undergraduate
Host Institution(s): University of St Andrews, UK
University of St Andrews Undergraduate Scholarship – Eligibility Criteria
Candidates are advised to meet the following prerequisites to be eligible for the University of St Andrews Undergraduate Scholarship:
- Applicants should apply to a new course in the academic year 2022–2023 and demonstrate financial necessity.
- For fee purposes, candidates have to be classified as international.
- Students who wish to enroll in the BA International Honors program are not eligible for the award.
- Applicants don’t need to have a seat guaranteed in a course before submitting a financing application.
- Only finished grant applications that are turned in by the deadline will be approved.
- After the closing date, applications will be reviewed and forwarded to a committee for consideration.
- It is advised to apply for financing at the same time as the course application.
- Candidates may apply for any scholarships, both internal and external to the university, for which they are qualified. After receiving an award, they can decide what to do after carefully reviewing the terms and circumstances of the scholarship.
Application Process for University of St Andrews Undergraduate Scholarship
You can apply for this award through the International Undergraduate award program by visiting the Scholarships and Funding Catalogue page in the My Application section. Upon applying for a new course starting in the 2024 academic year, you will receive login credentials for the My Application portal. To apply for this scholarship, you must give yourself at least two working days for the processing of your application and the issuance of your login credentials.
The Submission Deadline is: January 31, 2024
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other UK scholarships here.