Application is now open for the University of Queensland UQ Excellence Scholarship. Interested applicants are encouraged to send in their applications before the deadline date.
About the University of Queensland and Scholarship
The University of Queensland (UQ) is a public research university situated mostly in Brisbane, the capital city of the Australian state of Queensland. The Queensland government established UQ in 1909 as one of the six sandstone universities, an informal term denoting the state’s oldest university. UQ is also a founding member of edX, Australia’s leading Group of Eight, and the global Association of Pacific Rim Universities.
The main St Lucia campus occupies much of the riverfront inner suburb of St Lucia, which is located southwest of Brisbane’s central business district. Other UQ campuses and facilities may be found around Queensland, with the Gatton campus and the Mayne Medical School being the largest. UQ’s international presence includes the UQ North America office in Washington, D.C., and the UQ-Ochsner Clinical School in Louisiana, USA.
The university has a college, a graduate school, and six faculties that provide associate, bachelor, master, doctoral, and further doctorate degrees. UQ is home to over a hundred research institutes and centers, including the Institute for Molecular Bioscience, the Boeing Research and Technology Australia Centre, the Australian Institute for Bioengineering and Nanotechnology, and the UQ Dow Centre for Sustainable Engineering Innovation.
The UQ Academic Scholarship program includes the UQ Excellence Scholarship. The University of Queensland and contributors support this fellowship, which was created in 2008. This award is part of the University of Queensland Academic Award Program. You simply need to submit one application to be considered for all three scholarships.
Details about the University of Queensland UQ Excellence Scholarship:
Scholarship Sponsor: University of Queensland, Australia
Scholarship Value: $6,000
Number of awards: Varies
Study level: Undergraduate
Host Institution(s): University of Queensland, Australia
Enrolment Status: Future UQ student
University of Queensland UQ Excellence Scholarship – Eligibility Criteria
Applicants are advised to meet the following conditions to be qualified for the University of Queensland UQ Excellence Scholarship:
- completed a minimum ATAR of 99.00 (or equivalent)
- achieved Year 12 in 2023 or 2022 (if you’re in a gap year).
One of the below:
- Australian citizen or possessor of a permanent humanitarian visa; or
- A citizen of New Zealand, an Australian permanent resident, or an international student who is enrolled in or has completed Years 11 and 12 in Australia.
- having only completed Year 11–12 coursework (such as the Enhanced coursework Program) as previous tertiary education
- has used QTAC to apply for a tertiary position, and as of December 18th, UQ is displayed as your first preference.
- if deferred, in a UQ undergraduate program in 2024 (or 2025) as a full-time student.
The university will consider:
- exceptional academic performance as evaluated by the selection committee, or
- a blend of notable leadership and/or volunteerism accomplishments with exceptional academic success.
Application Process for the University of Queensland UQ Excellence Scholarship
Are you interested and qualified for the UQ Excellence Scholarship? Fill out the online application form and attach the following:
- your application’s QTAC number
- proof of your leadership and community service accomplishments that stand out among those from Years 11 and 12.
Use the tips for putting together a great application to help you through this process.
Note: Your application will be acknowledged by email from the admissions office. Please email email@example.com if, after two days after applying, you have not heard from them. Applications that qualify will be examined by a selection panel. They will provide you with written notice of your success.
The Application Deadline is: 24 November 2023
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other Australia scholarships here.