Application is now open for the Utrecht University Excellence Scholarship. Interested candidates are encouraged to send their applications in before the deadline date.
About Utrecht University and Scholarship
In Utrecht, the Netherlands, there is a public research university known as Utrecht University (UU; Dutch: Universiteit Utrecht, originally Rijksuniversiteit Utrecht). It was founded on March 26, 1636, 387 years ago, making it one of the country’s oldest institutions. It has 36,390 students enrolled and 8,276 professors and staff employees working there in 2021. 8,500 scientific publications were published, and more than 400 PhDs were conferred. The university’s 2021 budget was €1.026 billion.
Numerous prominent academics have held positions at Utrecht University, including 12 Nobel Prize winners and 13 Spinoza Prize winners. The University Board, which is directed by Henk Kummeling, Rector Magnificus, Anton Pijpers, Margot van der Starre, Vice Chair, and Anneloes Krul, Student Assessor, is in charge of Utrecht University.
Through its participation in the Coimbra Group (CG), the League of European Research Universities (LERU), the Utrecht Network, and the European University Association (EUA), it fosters close relationships with other universities throughout the world.
The very competitive Utrecht University Excellence Scholarship (UES) is available to gifted international students from outside the European Economic Area (EEA, which consists of the EU nations, Iceland, Liechtenstein, and Norway) who choose to pursue a master’s degree there.
The Utrecht Excellence Scholarship Fund, founded by Utrecht University, and donations from alumni provide the money for the scholarships.
Details about Utrecht University Excellence Scholarship:
Scholarship Sponsor: Utrecht University, Netherlands
Scholarship Value: Tuition Fee
Number of awards: N/A
Study level: Postgraduate
Host Institution(s): Utrecht University, Netherlands
Awarded as part of the Utrecht University Excellence Scholarship are:
- The tuition fee or the tuition fee in addition to the requisite income for a year tied to a study-related residence visa as established by the IND (Immigration and Naturalization Service)
Utrecht University Excellence Scholarship – Eligibility Criteria
Candidates are advised to meet the following conditions to be qualified for the Utrecht University Excellence Scholarship:
- The top 10% of your graduating class must include you.
- Being denied help under the Dutch student grant and loan system and holding an EU/EEA passport are prerequisites.
- You must have completed your secondary education and/or bachelor’s degree abroad in the Netherlands.
- You must have applied to a master’s program abroad that will begin on September 1, 2023. Not every show takes part. If the Utrecht Excellence Scholarship is indicated as a scholarship possibility, please check Master’s program> Tuition fees and financial support.
Candidates will be evaluated according to the following standards to see if they qualify for a scholarship:
- Academic quality and potential in the proposed field of study, as shown by your master’s application.
- Academic achievement as demonstrated by documentation that you graduated in the top 10% of your class (class ranking certificate, GPA with grade distribution summary, statement/reference letter that has been approved by your university).
- The caliber and applicability of your master’s program motivation letter (academic substance, intercultural and communication skills, and personal drive)
- The master’s program application’s overall quality (completeness, correctness, and consistency)
Application Procedure for Utrecht University Excellence Scholarship
- Non-EU/EEA students will have the chance to apply for one Utrecht Excellence Scholarship starting on November 1, 2023, after submitting an application (or applications) for a UES-qualifying master’s program before the deadline. The UES application(s) will be shown in your OSIRIS Online Application dashboard. You must provide the necessary documentation proving you are in the top 10% of your class, complete the application’s questions, and then click view/edit for the UES connected (related procedure) to the program you desire to apply for.
- The application deadline for prospective students who want to be considered for the scholarship is February 1 at 23:59 CET. At this point, the application portal will shut down. Selection won’t begin until after the cutoff. By the April midpoint, the school wants to release the findings.
You can also visit the official website for further details.
The Submission Deadline is: February 1, 2024
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other Netherlands scholarships here.