George Mason University is currently accepting applications for its partially funded #YouAreWelcomeHere Scholarships.
About George Mason University and Scholarship
In Fairfax County, Virginia, there is a public research institution known as George Mason University (sometimes known as Mason or GMU). The institution was initially established in 1949 as a regional outpost of the University of Virginia serving Northern Virginia. It was given the George Mason name in 1959 and converted to an autonomous university in 1972. Since then, the institution has expanded to become the largest public university in Virginia.
In Virginia, the institution has four campuses that are spread over the counties of Fairfax, Arlington, Front Royal, and Prince William. Additionally, it runs an overseas campus in Incheon, South Korea, as well as a retreat and conference center in Lorton, Virginia. The main campus of the institution is in Fairfax, Virginia.
The institution is categorized as one of the “R1: Doctoral Universities – Very High Research Activity” institutions. At George Mason University, two professors—James M. Buchanan in 1986 and Vernon L. Smith in 2002—were honored with the Nobel Memorial Prize in Economics. Undergraduate, graduate, law, and doctorate degrees in both professional and liberal arts are available from Mason. 58 percent of undergraduate classes have less than 30 students, while 30 percent of undergraduate classes have fewer than 20 students. The student-faculty ratio is 17:1.
The #YouAreWelcomeHere Scholarships for International Students for the academic years 2023–2024 have been announced with excitement by George Mason University. The initiative aids exceptional foreign students who wish to begin their undergraduate studies at the institution. During their studies, students will get up to 50% of the tuition.
Details about #YouAreWelcomeHere Scholarships at George Mason University:
Scholarship Sponsor: George Mason University, USA
Scholarship Value: 50% tuition-fee
Number of awards: N/A
Study level: Undergraduate
Host Institution(s): George Mason University, USA
Eligibility Criteria for #YouAreWelcomeHere Scholarships
Candidates are advised to meet the following conditions to be qualified for #YouAreWelcomeHere Scholarships at George Mason University:
- All candidates who are foreign entrants are invited to apply.
- All undergraduate degree courses and disciplines offered at the institution are open to students who meet the admission requirements.
- The following requirements must be met by candidates to be considered:
- You are a first-year, foreign, undergraduate applicant to Mason for any major. A person who has citizenship in a nation other than the United States but does not also have U.S. citizenship or permanent residency is referred to as an international applicant.
- You exhibit initiative and an interest in leadership and cross-cultural learning.
- You adhere to Mason’s deadlines and satisfy the admissions requirements.
- You submit a scholarship application along with a 500–to 1000-word essay or a two–to five-minute video outlining your leadership qualities in your community or school and how you intend to use them at Mason.
- International students should submit their applications for admission directly to the Office of Admissions via the online application.
- The candidates must get the minimum needed results on the following English language proficiency exams. They must review the university’s whole list of Language Requirements.
- Fill out the scholarship application, which asks you to submit a 500–1,000 word essay or a 2–5 minute video outlining your leadership qualities in your community or school and how you intend to use them at Mason.
Application Process for #YouAreWelcomeHere Scholarships
The following actions must be taken to be considered for the #YouAreWelcomeHere scholarship:
- Apply to Mason as a freshman and turn in all necessary documents before the deadline. You will notice a question asking if you are interested in applying for the You Are Welcome Here Scholarship when filling out your Mason application.
- Typical Application: You will be given the choice to upload your essay with your application if you choose “yes” to the You Are Welcome Here scholarship question. Please provide a document containing the URL to the video if you want to include one.
- Exclusive Online Application from Mason: If you select “yes” to the question about the You Are Welcome Here scholarship, the school will send you further guidelines for submitting the scholarship application and essay.
Inquiries about the #YouAreWelcomeHere scholarship can be directed to email@example.com.
The Submission Deadline is: December 15, 2023
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other USA scholarships here.