If you think of becoming an actor and actress, attending one of the prominent acting schools in Canada can be a great advantage. Canada is one of the places where you can have access to some of the acting Schools. Keep reading this article to find out some Acting Schools in Canada.
Here are some top acting schools in Canada
- Canadian College of Performing Arts is one of the top Acting Schools in Canada and the school offer two intensive one-year certificate programs and a half-year diploma program for advanced students. Note that the total enrollment for year I and year II is about 60 students. Graduates of this program now star in the West End of London and have appeared in major productions around the globe which include the Stratford Shakespeare Festival, the Charlottetown Festival and more.
Tuition Fee is $15,000 per year for both Canadian and international students.
- Second City Toronto has become the largest improvisation and comedy school in the world after its beginnings to the popular Second City of Chicago. The school offers on-demand classes for adults, as well as camps and courses for children and adolescents in grades 2 through 12.
However, for students preparing for a professional career in improvisation, writing, acting or comedy, the Conservatory Program is a 12-month program that searches improvisation methods developed in the Second City over the past 50 years.
Tuition Fee is $280 per quarter. Adult classes cost $280 per quarter while Students who sign up for many classes are qualified for a discount. A $15 membership is also required for all new students.
- National Theater School of Canada was founded in Montreal in 1960. The school is one of the few coilingual theater schools in the world that offers professional training in English and French. It also has a place among the top Acting Schools in Canada. About 200 full-time and part-time industry professionals teach and advise almost 160 students, with a maximum of 12 students per class.
Tuition Fee is $4,500 for Canadian citizens and $9,000 for Non-citizens.
- Vancouver Film School is one of the top Acting Schools in Canada. The school offers two acting programs which are an essential four-month acting course and a one-year acting program for film and television. The one-year film and television performance program costs $20,500 for Canadians and $30,500 for international students. While the four-month Acting Essentials program cost $7,500 for Canadians and $10,500 for international students.
Tuition Fee is $20,500 for Canadians and $30,500 for international students.
- Toronto Academy of Acting and Film and Television School is regarded as one of the top film schools. It offers training in diploma programs for film acting and film and television production. The school is also the only film school and acting school that has access to all film and television projects all over Canada making it one of the best film schools in Canada.
Tuition Fee is $10,000 for Local Students and $15,000 for International Students.
- Capilano University School of Motion Picture Arts is one of the top acting schools in Canada that is recommended for students who want to pursue a career in acting. The school offer programs that include cinematographic arts, 2D animation and visual development, 3D animation for movies and games, digital visual effects, documentary, costumes for stage and screen, and indigenous independent digital cinema.
Tuition fees is $28,251.
- Simon Fraser University was founded in 1965 and it indicates real-life learning in conjunction with theoretical aspects of the classrooms. Its students are exposed to great opportunities to widen their understanding of other fields of the arts.
Tuition Fees is $2,770 CAD and $12,125 CAD for international students.
Find more articles on Student Resources here