By enrolling in the Band Scholarships in Color Guard given by Widener University in the USA, you can gain the skills and information you need for the next step in your career. The project supports exceptional international students who want to start their undergraduate degree programs for the school year 2023-2024.
About Widener University
Why did you decide to enroll at Widener University? The university’s commitment to academic excellence and vibrant, inviting campus environment make it a terrific place to pursue higher education. Because Widener University offers a wide range of degrees, from the liberal arts to professional professions, students have numerous opportunities to explore their interests and tailor their education to match their career objectives.
Private Widener University is located in Chester, Pennsylvania. There are three additional campuses for the university, two of which are in Pennsylvania (Harrisburg and Exton) and one in Wilmington, Delaware.
The Wilmington, Delaware-based institution was started in 1821 as The Bullock School for Boys. From 1846 to 1853, it was known as The Alsop School for Boys, and from 1853 to 1859, Hyatt’s Select School for Boys. After introducing military training in 1858, the institution changed its name to Delaware Military Academy in 1859. In Pennsylvania, it relocated in 1862, becoming Chester County Military Academy. After 1892, it was known as Pennsylvania Military College, and in 1972, it changed its name to Widener.
Around 3,300 graduate students and 3,300 undergraduates study at Widener’s eight colleges that provide degrees. In fields ranging from traditional liberal arts to professional studies, the institution provides associate, baccalaureate, master’s, and doctorate degrees. It falls under the “Community Engagement Institution” and “Doctoral/Professional Universities” categories.
One of just 14 institutions in the country to attain this distinction, Widener was selected as a finalist for the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll Presidential award in 2013. Since its foundation in 2006, the university has been included on the honor roll each year. With a score of 32 out of 100, Widener was rated tied for 192nd out of 311 national colleges in the 2018 Best Colleges list by U.S. News & World Report. Additionally, it ranks 103rd among all 200 programs whose highest engineering degree is a bachelor’s or master’s Widener’s undergraduate engineering program. Widener is placed 55th out of 262 national institutions in the category “Highest Proportion of Classes Under 20 Students”
The winner of the Band Scholarships in Color Guard will receive a one-time, renewable award from Widener University in the range of $2,000 to $3,000 for their academic pursuits.
Eligibility for Band Scholarships in Color Guard
- All international applicants are welcome to apply for Band Scholarships in Color Guard regardless of their country of residence.
- All undergraduate degree courses and subjects offered at the institution are open to students who meet the admission requirements.
- Band Scholarships in Color Guard applicants must fulfill all of the following requirements to be considered:
- The pupils need to be registered at the college.
- Any undergraduate degree program at the university must accept the applicants.
How to Apply for Band Scholarships in Color Guard
- The Common Application’s university site is where students must submit their applications, which must be done online. The applicants must complete the online scholarship application form to apply for Band Scholarships in Color Guard.
- Supporting Records: The following paperwork is required from the applicants:
- Send a YouTube link to a band performance in which you took part. official transcripts showing all of the grades from the last three years of school.
- There must be one letter of recommendation.
- Evidence of financial assistance.
- A passport photocopy.
- The applicants must take part in a quick Zoom interview with Dr. Iain Moyer, Director of Athletic Bands, as part of the admission requirements.
- The candidates must achieve the minimum needed results on the following English language proficiency exams:
TOEFL IBT – 500
TOEFL PBT – 80 or above
IELTS – 6.5
PTE – 58
Duolingo – 105
The application will open on August 1 and the deadline is November 1.
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other USA scholarships here.