Application is now open for the Bhagavan Mahavir PhD Scholarships at SOAS University of London. Interested candidates are encouraged to send their applications in before the deadline date.
About SOAS University of London and Scholarship
The School of Oriental and African Studies, also known as SOAS University of London (/ˈsoʊaes/), is a public research university located in London, England. It is a constituent of the federal University of London. Located in central London’s Bloomsbury district, SOAS was established in 1916.
All worthy applicants are encouraged to apply to the SOAS University of London’s Bhagavan Mahavir PhD Scholarships program in the United Kingdom. This program’s primary goal is to assist candidates who wish to enroll in SOAS University of London’s PhD program.
The overall scholarship amount for 2024–2025—the first year of this award—will be £41,652. This sum will cover the cost of tuition; the scholar will get a stipend for any remaining cash. Subsequent years’ funding will be raised to accommodate increased tuition fee charges. Drs. Jasvant N. and Meera Modi, along with their families, kindly fund the Bhagavan Mahavir PhD Scholarship.
Details about Bhagavan Mahavir PhD Scholarships at SOAS University of London:
Scholarship Sponsor: Drs. Jasvant N. Modi and Meera Modi and family/SOAS University of London
Scholarship Value: £41,652
Number of awards: N/A
Study level: PhD
Host Institution(s): SOAS University of London
Bhagavan Mahavir PhD Scholarships – Eligibility Criteria
Applicants are advised to meet the following conditions to be qualified for Bhagavan Mahavir PhD Scholarships at SOAS University of London:
- Countries Eligible: UK/EU and International Applicants
- Acceptable Subjects or Courses: Jaina Studies-focused full-time PhD program (new entrants only, starting in September 2024). Part-time programs are not accepted.
- Acceptable Requirements: Candidates must hold a master’s degree with a distinction mark or its equivalent, or anticipate receiving one. Candidates having master’s degrees from non-UK institutions must rank at the top of their cohort, as attested by their transcripts and recommendations. To be admitted, applicants must have shown in their research proposal that their work is concentrated on Jaina studies. International and UK/EU applicants are eligible for this scholarship. Applicants must have submitted a completed application by March 29, 2024, at 12:00 PM (midday, GMT), to be considered for the award. Admission offers are required for candidates by the time the SOAS Scholarship Panel convenes. If your offer is contingent on your proficiency in English, please schedule your English proficiency exam and make sure you fulfill the requirements as soon as feasible.
- Admission Requirements: By March 29, 2024, at 12:00 PM (midday, GMT), applicants must have submitted a completed application for consideration for the scholarship.
- Language Requirement: If your offer is contingent on your proficiency in English, schedule your English language test as soon as possible and make sure you fulfill the requirements.
- A Selection Panel made up of academics from the SOAS Center of Jaina Studies will evaluate candidates based on their academic record and their PhD proposal.
- The data in your application will serve as the basis for the evaluation. Degree results, scholarly references, a statement of intent, the complete research proposal, and other pertinent data will all be examined by selectors.
- The SOAS Selection Panel will only examine candidates for shortlisting if they have been granted admission.
Please be aware that only the selected candidates will receive notification by the end of May 2024 owing to the highly competitive nature of the award. You should consider your application unsuccessful if you haven’t heard from them by the program deadline.
Application Procedure for Bhagavan Mahavir PhD Scholarships
Step 1: Apply for your program
Please see how to apply (research) for information on what constitutes an application as well as instructions on how to apply to a research program.
By the scholarship application deadline, applicants had to have sent in a completed admission. The panel will review both your online admission application and your scholarship application. Please be aware that depending on the time of year, the Department may take up to 4 weeks to review a complete application for admission. During peak times, you may have to wait up to six weeks.
Step 2: Apply for the scholarship
For questions, Please Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Submission Deadline is: 29 March 2024
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other UK scholarships here.