The University of Strathclyde is accepting applications for its partially funded Faculty of Science International Scholarship for MRes Physics.
About the University of Strathclyde and Scholarship
The University of Strathclyde, located in Glasgow, Scotland, has a rich history and is known for its research and academic excellence. The institution was originally established in 1796 as the Andersonian Institute. It was formally established as the first technology university in the United Kingdom in 1964 when it was granted a royal charter. The historical Kingdom of Strathclyde is when the university gets its name. With a varied student body and faculty from more than 100 nations, it is the third-largest university in Scotland in terms of enrollment. The University of Strathclyde became the first university to win the coveted “University of the Year” accolade from Times Higher Education in two different years, 2012 and 2019.
The university reported £387.8 million in revenue for the 2021–2022 academic year, of which £108.3 million came from grants and contracts related to research. The substantial financial impact of the year was demonstrated by the £520.4 million total expenditure. For new overseas students starting in January 2024 and enrolled in the MRes Physics program during the 2023–2024 academic year, the institution is giving scholarships valued at £4,000.
Candidates who can demonstrate significant academic accomplishments in their previous and/or present academic activities will be given competitive awards for these scholarships. Professional or extracurricular experiences that are relevant will also be considered in the scholarship-giving process. Scholarships for the MRes Physics program may be awarded at the beginning of the application period, thus it is advised that candidates apply as soon as possible.
Details about the Faculty of Science International Scholarship for MRes Physics at the University of Strathclyde:
Scholarship Sponsor: University of Strathclyde, UK
Scholarship Value: Partial Funding, GBP 4,000
Number of awards: Up to 5
Study level: Masters/Postgraduate
Host Institution(s): University of Strathclyde, UK
Eligibility Criteria for Faculty of Science International Scholarship for MRes Physics
Applicants are advised to meet the following prerequisites to be eligible for the Faculty of Science International Scholarship for MRes Physics at the University of Strathclyde:
- The student should be a newly admitted international student who pays fees and has been given a full-time position in the Faculty of Science’s MRes Physics program, which will begin in January 2024.
- The candidate ought to be self-sufficient. Students who get full scholarships from government agencies or embassies, for example, will not be qualified.
Other terms and conditions:
- Candidates must fulfill all qualifying conditions to be considered for this scholarship.
- Four weeks after receiving an admissions offer, candidates will be notified of their scholarship status.
- Recipients of scholarships must continue to fulfill all needed standards and enroll in the January 2024 intake.
- The £4,000 scholarship is not to be used for deposits; rather, it is intended to assist with tuition.
- Candidates who fulfill the requirements will be chosen based on their professional experience, relevant extracurricular activities, and past and/or current academic achievement.
- Scholarship recipients are required to participate in student ambassador programs and other events and activities aimed at drawing in new enrollment.
- Scholarships may be awarded early in the application process as part of a rotating program.
- Applications must be submitted by December 14, 2023, to be eligible for this award.
- There is just one scholarship given out every academic year.
- The Faculty of Science makes the final decision for scholarship distribution; appeals are not considered.
Application Process for Faculty of Science International Scholarship for MRes Physics
There isn’t a scholarship application. Those who accept the MRes Physics offer and fulfill the requirements will be immediately nominated for a scholarship. Candidates must ensure that their application for admission is accompanied by all pertinent documents of their achievements and details. They can include this as an extra file in their application. You can visit the official website for further details.
The Application Deadline is: November 14, 2023
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other UK scholarships here.