Application is open for the Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung (FES) Scholarship Program. Interested applicants are encouraged to send their applications in before the deadline date.
About Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung (FES) and Scholarship
The Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung (FES) was established in 1925 and is the oldest political foundation in Germany. It has a long history of supporting social democracy. The political heritage of Friedrich Ebert, the first democratically elected German President, is what gave rise to the foundation and gave it its purpose. Their political foundation’s activity focuses on the fundamental principles and ideals of social democracy—freedom, justice, and solidarity. The foundation is thus linked to social democracy and unrestricted labor unions.
The FES was established to eradicate socioeconomic disadvantages and establish an accessible academic route for gifted kids. The FES has a long history of assisting people who actively participate in forming a democratic society. At the Socialist German Student Federation’s inaugural congress in 1946, the FES was reinstated. A philanthropic organization “for the advancement of democratic education” took over the FES in 1954. As a result, the FES was recognized as a stand-alone, autonomous organization. Since the 1960s, the FES has engaged in the area of development assistance in addition to education programs.
Foreign students studying in Germany may apply for a 2023 Scholarship from the Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung (FES). It aims to encourage social and political engagement with a budget of €934–€1,200 a month. Open to a variety of subjects, but excludes second degrees and study abroad. Academic achievement and participation in FES activities are anticipated.
Talented young people have a bright future ahead of them thanks to the Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung (FES) Scholarship Programme 2023. This opportunity is meant for you if you are a motivated student committed to social democracy and justice who strives for academic success.
Details about Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung (FES) Scholarship Program:
Scholarship Sponsor: Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung (FES), Germany
Scholarship Value: €934-€1,200 p/m
Number of awards: N/A
Study level: Postgraduate/PhD
Host Institution(s): Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung (FES), Germany
FES offers foreign scholarship holders the following:
- Program for Basic Scholarships: €934 per month
- Scholarship for Graduate Studies: €1,200 per month
- €276 for family allowance, if applicable
- Medical Expenses: Full Refund
Please be aware that any monthly income over €400 will be deducted from your scholarship.
Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung (FES) Scholarship Program – Eligibility Criteria
Applicants are advised to meet the following conditions to be eligible for Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung (FES) Scholarship Program:
- Up to 40 students from the following regions may apply: Africa, Asia, Latin America, and Eastern Europe.
- Those who currently get assistance from government agencies are not eligible, though.
- Engagement in the Common Good: Academic success, political engagement, and personal views are crucial.
- Supported Fields: Postgraduate (Ph.D.) programs, students attending public or state-approved universities, and all academic disciplines.
- Second-degree courses, study abroad trips, the last stages of academic education, and postgraduate medical courses are excluded.
FES expects its scholarship holders to:
- Regular Participation: Attend FES campus group lectures and events.
- Obtain Excellence: Keep achieving above-average grades in their degree-related courses.
- Increased Commitment: Continue and step up your involvement in politics.
- Send out semester reports describing academic success and participation in society.
Application Process for Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung (FES) Scholarship Program
The application requires the following steps:
- Self-application: Utilize the “Online-Bewerbung” (application accessible only in German) and the supplemental document found here.
- Interviews with individuals: Selected candidates will meet with members of the scholarship committee (AWA) and FES academics for two interviews each.
- AWA Decision: The ultimate choice will be made by the AWA, which is composed of subject-matter experts.
- Written Notice: Applicants will get written notice of the AWA’s choice.
You can also visit the official website for further details.
Note: The Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung (FES) Scholarship Program is more than just financial assistance; it is an investment in the future of bright people who value freedom, democracy, and social justice. Don’t pass up this chance if you share these beliefs and are prepared to become an industry leader.
The Application Deadline is: Not Specified
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other Germany scholarships here.