Application is now open for the Green and Gold Scholarships for Non-Residents at Colorado State University. Interested applicants are encouraged to send in their applications before the deadline date.
About Colorado State University and Scholarship
Colorado State University (Colorado State or CSU) stands as a prominent public land-grant research institution nestled in the vibrant city of Fort Collins, Colorado. Serving as the flagship university of the Colorado State University System, CSU holds the prestigious classification of “R1: Doctoral Universities – Very high research activity.” With roots tracing back to its founding in 1870 as the Colorado Agricultural College, the university has undergone significant transformations, culminating in its current status as a leading research institution.
Originally established to meet the agricultural and mechanical needs of the region, the institution evolved over the years and, in 1935, assumed the name Colorado State College of Agriculture and Mechanic Arts. A pivotal moment came in 1957 when the Colorado General Assembly approved its current name, Colorado State University, reflecting the institution’s broadening scope and commitment to diverse fields of study.
Colorado State University boasts a comprehensive academic offering with 150 programs of study spanning eight colleges and 55 departments. Known for its excellence in biomedical sciences, engineering, environmental science, agriculture, and human health and nutrition, CSU extends its influence to professional programs in areas such as business, journalism, and construction management, as well as the liberal and performing arts, humanities, and social sciences. The university provides a diverse range of educational opportunities, including bachelor’s degrees, graduate degrees, certificates, and badges, which are also accessible online.
In its pursuit of academic excellence, Colorado State University is committed to recognizing and supporting outstanding talent. The university offers the Green and Gold Scholarships for Non-Residents, prestigious merit scholarships that are awarded based on the application for admission. Remarkably, no additional scholarship application is required, streamlining the process for eligible freshmen (first-year) students who are not residents of Colorado. These highly competitive scholarships reflect CSU’s dedication to attracting and supporting a diverse community of learners, emphasizing the value of merit and academic achievement.
Details about Green and Gold Scholarships for Non-Residents at Colorado State University:
Scholarship Sponsor: Colorado State University, USA
Scholarship Value: Up to $12,500 per year
Number of awards: N/A
Study level: Undergraduate
Host Institution(s): Colorado State University, USA
2024-2025 SCHOLARSHIP AMOUNT
Up to $12,500 might be awarded to qualified students annually, half of which is paid during the autumn and spring semesters. You have the opportunity to receive up to $50,000 over the course of four years if these scholarships are renewed for a maximum of eight semesters.
GPA Scholarship Amount Percent Of Tuition & Fees
Range Per Year The Scholarship Covers*
4.0+ $12,500 37%
3.80-3.99 $10,000 30%
3.60-3.79 $8,000 24%
3.40-3.59 $6,000 18%
3.30-3.39 $4,000 12%
* 2023-2024 tuition and fees were used in the calculations. Future years’ tuition and fees could be higher, which would result in a smaller percentage of tuition and fees being paid.
Eligibility Criteria for Green and Gold Scholarships for Non-Residents
Candidates are advised to meet the following requirements to be eligible for Green and Gold Scholarships for Non-Residents at Colorado State University:
- Enter as a first-year (freshman) student. AND
- Not be considered a resident of Colorado. AND
- Show that your GPA, on a 4.0 scale, is 3.3 or higher. For scholarship reasons, your greatest cumulative GPA—weighted or unweighted—will be taken into account. AND
- Obtain admission to a full-time degree program offered on the main campus of CSU. Students using CSU Online are not eligible.
Note: The Green and Gold Scholarship cannot be combined with the following CSU scholarships: the GI Promise, HB 15-1294 GI Benefits and Yellow Ribbon programs; the Presidential, Provost’s, Dean’s, or Academic Recognition scholarships; or the Western Undergraduate Exchange (WUE) award. Should you be the recipient of several accolades, the award that best serves your interests will be kept, and the remaining awards will be revoked.
Application Procedure for Green and Gold Scholarships for Non-Residents
Submit a complete application for admission by:
- February 1st for the commencement of the summer or fall semester. By March 1st, if you have already been accepted and would like to provide updated credentials to confirm your eligibility, you must do so. You are qualified for the prize if you begin in the summer, but the money won’t be accessible until the fall.
- November 1 for the commencement of the spring semester. You have until December 1st to submit updated credentials if you have already been admitted and wish to confirm your eligibility.
You can also visit the official website for further details.
The Submission Deadline is: February 1, 2024
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other USA scholarships here.