Application is now open for Griffith University Vice Chancellors Scholarships. Interested applicants are encouraged to send their applications in before the deadline date.
About Griffith University and Scholarship
Why should I choose to attend Griffith University? To uphold its commitment to excellence, Griffith University sets high criteria for the caliber of its engagement, instruction, and research. A culturally sensitive atmosphere that promotes cooperation, education, and involvement is provided at Griffith. With a diverse spectrum of partners, GU collaborates morally while seeking for long-term, beneficial outcomes.
On Australia’s east coast in South East Queensland, there is a public research institution called Griffith University. Asian Studies and environmental science were the first degrees offered in Australia at Griffith, which was established in 1971. Five campuses of the institution are located in the Gold Coast, Nathan, Logan, South Bank, and Mt. Gravatt districts. Sir Samuel Walker Griffith, the first Chief Justice of the High Court of Australia, inspired the university’s name. Sir Samuel Griffith was a key figure in the Australian Federation and the primary author of the Australian Constitution.
One of the top institutions in Australia is Griffith University, which is also among the top 2% of universities globally. Business, law, science, health, education, engineering, and the arts are just a few of the many fields that the institution provides undergraduate, graduate, and research degrees.
Out of 37 institutions in Australia, Griffith University is ranked 18th. In four of the most important global rankings, including the Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU), the QS World University Rankings, the Times Higher Education World University Rankings (THE-WUR), and the University Rankings by Academic Performance (URAP), Griffith is ranked in the top 300 universities in the world. As a young institution, Griffith is also well-regarded; it is ranked 33rd in both the 2022 Times Higher Education Young Institution Rankings and the 2021 QS University Rankings Top 50 Under 50.
The Griffith University Vice Chancellors Scholarships educational program supports overseas students who wish to pursue undergraduate and graduate teaching degrees at the university.
Details about Griffith University Vice Chancellors Scholarships:
Scholarship Sponsor: Griffith University, Australia
Scholarship Value: 50% of Coursework Tuition Fees
Number of awards: N/A
Study level: Bachelor and Postgraduate degree
Host Institution(s): Griffith University, Australia
Eligibility Criteria for Griffith University Vice Chancellors Scholarships
Applicants are advised to meet the following conditions to be eligible for Griffith University Vice Chancellors Scholarships:
- All nationalities are eligible.
- Eligibility Requirements: The candidates must fulfill each of the requirements listed below to be eligible:
- You must not be an Australian or a New Zealander to qualify.
- Possess a minimum GPA from prior coursework of 6.0 or higher on a scale of 1 to 7, or its equivalent.
- Get a scholarship offer from Griffith by the deadline for scholarship applications.
- Meet all academic and English language criteria for admission to your desired undergraduate or graduate program.
- Commencing in 2024, 2025, or 2026, enroll full-time.
- Students must meet the entry requirements for a law degree at GU to be admitted.
- The following examinations, with the minimum marks needed by the institution, must be submitted by students as proof of their proficiency in the language:
IELTS – 6.5
TOEFL – 575
TOEFL (IBT) – 79
Pearson Test of English (Academic) – 50
ISLPR – 3 or higher
Documents Required for Application
- An official copy of your academic transcript.
- A verified copy of your academic transcript, with an English translation if necessary
- If available, a verified copy of your English test results and
- You might need to submit a portfolio of your work or do an audition if you’re applying for a music or visual arts degree (see the specific program for information).
Application Procedure for Griffith University Vice Chancellors Scholarships
The candidates can register and log in using their newly obtained credentials on the university portal to submit their applications for the programs of their choosing. A separate scholarship application form must be filled out by the applicants. You can also visit the official website for further details.
The Application Deadline is: December 2, 2023
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other Australia scholarships here.