Application is now open for the Australian Research Council (ARC) Discovery Grant at Flinders University. Interested applicants are encouraged to send their applications in before the deadline date.
About Flinders University and Scholarship
Flinders University is a public research university with 11 locations spread out over South Australia and the Northern Territory. Its administrative center is in Adelaide. It was founded in 1966 and given the name Flinders in honor of British sailor Matthew Flinders, who in the early 19th century explored and charted the Australian and South Australian coastline.
Veteran Suicide: Investigating the Social and Historical Dimensions is the topic of a Ph.D. scholarship search. Flinders University, The University of New South Wales Queensland, and The University of Alabama have joined forces on this intriguing initiative.
The project has one funded Ph.D. scholarship that will be hosted at Flinders University under the Open Door: Understanding and Supporting Service Personnel and their Families research effort. The scholarship will be housed there in the College of Education, Social Work, and Psychology. Professor Ben Wadham, the principal supervisor, and Associate Professor Udoy Saikia, the associate supervisor, are the authors.
Details about Australian Research Council (ARC) Discovery Grant at the Flinders University:
Scholarship Sponsor: Flinders University, Australia
Scholarship Value: $30,000
Number of awards: One
Study level: Postgraduate
Host Institution(s): Flinders University, Australia
The scholarship includes:
- A tax-free annual stipend of $30,000* (2023 rate)
- Three years will pass before the scholarship expires.
- A scholarship to offset the cost of the research training program for Australian, New Zealand, and permanent residents.
Note: A proposal should state if an extension is likely.
Eligibility Criteria for Australian Research Council (ARC) Discovery Grant
Applicants are advised to meet the following conditions to be eligible for the Australian Research Council (ARC) Discovery Grant at Flinders University:
- Being citizens of Australia, New Zealand, receiving permanent residence status, or being citizens of another country; and
- Meet the following Ph.D. admission requirements: possess an Australian Honours degree Class 1 or 2A or an equivalent qualification (at least AQF Level 8), with a research component of at least six months of full-time study that achieved Distinction (75%) OR provide evidence of an equivalent level of research experiences, such as a significant first-author publication in a prestigious journal or a track record as an investigator on a competitive grant; and
- Being eligible to start at Flinders University as a full-time Ph.D. student in the first semester of 2024;
Application Procedure for Australian Research Council (ARC) Discovery Grant
Admission to HDR
You must apply for the scholarship opportunity if you haven’t already done so for admission to a pertinent HDR. You may find instructions on how to submit an admissions application here:
The petitioners recognize the following by filing this separate application:
- The scholarship application must be mentioned in the “Supervisor confirmation.”
- Only in those places will the application for Ph.D. admission be evaluated: The scholarship is successfully given to the candidate.
Prospective candidates are urged to get in touch with the project’s director, Professor Ben Wadham, by email (email@example.com), to explore their interest in and eligibility for the award. The project lead may extend an invitation to apply and ask for a copy of your CV and a cover letter detailing your pertinent education, experience, and research background as well as your motivations for applying for the award.
Interviews with the shortlisted candidates will take place the week of September 4th, 2023. Results will be made public by September 15, 2023. Project leads may choose their chosen applicant by advising student financing and scholarships through Service One (interviewing is not required). Subject to discussion, the chosen applicant will preferably start on February 5, 2024, but no later than March 4, 2024.
The Application Deadline is: August 28, 2023
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other Australia scholarships here.