Application is now open for Heinrich Böll Foundation Grants and Scholarships. Interested applicants are encouraged to send their applications in before the deadline date.
About Heinrich Boll Stiftung and Scholarship
The Heinrich Böll Foundation is a legally autonomous political foundation based in Germany. Its full name is Heinrich-Böll-Stiftung e.V., or HBS. Associated with Alliance 90/The Greens, it was established in 1997 after the merger of three forerunners. Heinrich Böll, a German author who lived from 1917 to 1985, is the name of the foundation. Additionally, the Heinrich Böll Foundation offers a scholarship program for graduate and undergraduate students. It also houses a research library that specializes in Green politics, and new social movements and a section dedicated to political activist Petra Kelly.
The foundation, which has its main office in Berlin, has 30 offices across four continents and has subsidiaries in all 16 states of Germany. Since 2002, Ralf Fücks and Barbara Unmüßig have chaired the executive board; Steffen Heizmann is the current CEO. Barbara Unmüßig was re-elected in November 2016, while Ellen Ueberschär was chosen to succeed Ralf Fücks in July 2017.
In 2018, 63 million euros were provided by the German government to the foundation to further its operations. A component of the international Green political movement that has grown during the 1980s is the Heinrich Böll Foundation. It defines itself as an international network, a think tank for policy reforms, and an agency for green concepts and initiatives. The foundation outlines the following objectives in its mission statement:
The Heinrich Böll Foundation is a member of the global Green political movement, which emerged as an alternative to the socialism, liberalism, and conservatism of the past. Their core beliefs are self-determination, fairness, democracy, and ecological sustainability. The foundation provides special attention to gender democracy, which refers to social liberation and parity for men and women in terms of rights. Additionally, they are dedicated to immigrant engagement in society and politics as well as equal rights for racial and ethnic minorities. Finally, the foundation advocates for nonviolent methods of conflict resolution.
The Heinrich Böll Stiftung is happy to announce that applications are now open to 1400 undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral students from all over the world for the 2023–2024 Heinrich Böll Foundation Grants and Scholarships.
Details about Heinrich Böll Foundation Grants and Scholarships:
Scholarship Sponsor: Heinrich Böll Stiftung Foundation
Scholarship Type: Partial funding
Scholarship Worth: Not specified
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Undergraduate and Postgraduate
Host Institution(s): German universities
Heinrich Böll Foundation Grants and Scholarships – Eligibility Criteria
Interested applicants must fulfill the following requirements to be eligible for Heinrich Böll Foundation Grants and Scholarships:
- Students from abroad who have strong academic credentials are required to apply.
- must provide compelling justifications for seeking a scholarship from the Heinrich Boll Foundation.
- must possess the qualifications needed for admission to a German higher education institution.
- Be prepared to follow the guidelines that control how students are expected to behave in German universities.
- Possess excellent social skills.
Required Documents for Application
The following paperwork must be submitted with an application by the applicant:
- Personal information and a resume
- A letter of motivation for an application to the Heinrich Böll Foundation.
- A summary of your primary areas of interest and reasons for studying the subject you’ve selected.
- A summary of your social commitments and political interests
Application Process for Heinrich Böll Foundation Grants and Scholarships
Please note: The institution accepts only online applications
- Information on the application procedure and the required papers should be gathered.
- Sign up for the Internet application system.
- Enter the necessary data on the online application portal.
- Before the application deadline expires, submit your application after submitting all necessary papers.
Note: Please fill out the form using Adobe Acrobat Reader.
The Application Deadline is: September 1, 2023
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other Germany scholarships here.