You need to be well trained in the top hospitality schools in the world if you want to inscribe a place for yourself in the hospitality business. The field of hospitality is very mixed and graduates with a degree in hospitality have many opportunities for them to form exciting and well-paid careers.
Gaining a degree in hospitality qualifies graduates for careers in hotels, restaurants, casinos, cruise lines, resorts, theme parks, and professional sports teams.
However, professional sports teams hire graduates with hospitality degrees to work as travel companies for athletes and team members, arranging their schedules and managing their journey.
In this article, you will understand what it takes to function properly in the hospitality sector, the top hospitality schools in the world, and all you need to know about the hospitality schools in the world.
Why Hospitality Management?
The hospitality industry is large with only hotels that are worth more than half a trillion dollars in revenue each year. Though the hospitality industry is much wider and offers multiple rewarding management positions, also in restaurants, event planning, theme parks, holiday clubs, cruise lines, casinos, and even professional athletics.
There are multiple opportunities for progress in the diverse and dynamic hospitality sector, particularly for people with a Hospitality Management degree online.
If you are jovial, energetic, have leadership qualities, and enjoy helping others, the global hospitality industry is worth regarding.
The Amount to earn with a Hospitality Management degree
The hospitality sector includes a broad range of career opportunities. And your undergraduate degree – merged with extensive work experience – opens doors to functions that would otherwise be closed to you.
The organization you work for, your level of education, and your work experience will greatly determine your salary. But here are some average salaries for holders of a Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality Management, according to Payscale.com:
- Restaurant manager: $43,537
- Managing Director, hotel: $62,081
- Event coordinator: $39,170
- Event Manager: $48,318
What to do with a Degree in Hospitality Management
Acquiring a degree in Hospitality Management equips you for a huge range of management careers in the hospitality industry. If your interest is in planning events or the countless other areas you can go into – your diploma gives you both wide knowledge and certain skills that you can apply in different situations.
- Special event management
- Catering real estate
- Staff for hospitality
- Hospitality information technology and social media
- Hospitality marketing and sales
The Cost of An Hospitality Management School
Tuition fees and fees at a private institution for four years cost an average of $29,056 per annum. Acquiring a Master’s Degree in Hospitality Management starts at $10,000 to $35,000, but can range from $80,000 to $90,000 depending on the institution.
The Top Hospitality Schools in the World
Here is the list of the top hospitality schools in the world:
- Ecole Hoteliere de Lausanne, Switzerland School Link
- School of Hotel Management, Cornell University, New York School Link
- Oxford School of Hospitality Management (Oxford Brookes University) School Link
- Hotelschool The Hague, the Netherlands School Link
- Conrad N. Hilton College, University of Houston School Link
- The School of Hospitality Business, Michigan State University School Link
- Pennsylvania State University – World Campus, State College, Pennsylvania School Link
- Hospitality and Tourism Management Department, Isenberg School Of Management, University of Massachusetts Amherst School Link
- Les Roches International School of Hotel Management, Switzerland School Link
- Hospitality and Tourism Management Department, Pamplin College Of Business, Virginia Tech School Link
- School of Hospitality Business Management, Washington State University School Link
- Fairleigh Dickinson University – Metropolitan Campus, Teaneck, New Jersey School Link
- William F. Harrah College of Hotel Administration, University of Nevada, Las Vegas School Link
- Stout School of Hospitality Leadership, University Of Wisconsin School Link
Top Hospitality Schools in the US
The United States has in it several Hospitality schools although, most of these schools have existed over a long span of years and have stood the test of time, to be eligible to be named the best Hospitality schools in the US among the best Hospitality schools the world.
Here are some of the best hospitality schools in the USA; the Cornell University School of Hotel Administration tops the chart for not just the best hospitality schools in the US, but among the best in the world. Little wonder its acceptance rate of only 10%, showing its high level of competitiveness.
Others include the School of Hospitality Business at Michigan State University, Michigan; Conrad N. Hilton College, University of Houston, Houston, and William F. Harrah College of Hotel Administration, University of Nevada, Las Vegas, a powerful school situated in the heart of the “city the never sleeps”, Las Vegas.
The above-mentioned top hospitality schools in the world all have hospitality discipline as a major in their curriculum and can brag about having the necessary facilities for effective training of local and foreign students.
What hospitality schools offer real estate?
- Chaplin School of Hospitality & Tourism Management, Florida International University School Link
- Glion Institute of higher education, Switzerland and British campuses School Link
- Ecole Hoteliere de Lausanne, Switzerland School Link
Find more articles on Student Resources here