Victoria University of Wellington is now accepting applications for its partially funded Latin American Academic Achievement Scholarship.
About Victoria University of Wellington and Scholarship
In Wellington, New Zealand, there is a public institution called Victoria University of Wellington (Mori: Te Herenga Waka). It was a constituent institution of the University of New Zealand and was created in 1897 by an act of parliament.
According to its Strategic Plan, the Victoria University of Wellington has been working hard in recent years to strengthen the nation’s intellectual impact in the Asia-Pacific area. To promote and inspire more Latin American students to enroll in full-time undergraduate and graduate programs at the university, the university is providing $5,000 fee scholarships to Latin American students who enroll in undergraduate or graduate programs. A strong focus on internationalization and participation in extracurricular activities are also required of applicants in addition to outstanding academic performance.
The Latin American Academic Achievement Scholarship was created to attract and support talented, well-rounded Latin American foreign students at Victoria University of Wellington.
Details about the Latin American Academic Achievement Scholarship at Victoria University of Wellington:
Scholarship Sponsor: Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand
Scholarship Value: $5,000
Number of awards: Varies
Study level: Masters
Host Institution(s): Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand
Eligibility Criteria for Latin American Academic Achievement Scholarship
The applicant must be enrolled full-time at Victoria University of Wellington in an undergraduate or graduate program. This prize is not open to Ph.D., pre-degree, study abroad, or exchange students. Only new students who have never before been enrolled at Victoria University of Wellington are eligible for this grant. Students who have already finished an EAP or Foundation course at Victoria University of Wellington will be given an exemption. The following English language requirements must be completed by applicants to the Victoria University of Wellington.
Please take note that the English language requirements for various programs may vary. Contact Wellington University International for more information.
Applicants are advised to meet the following conditions to be eligible for the Latin American Academic Achievement Scholarship at the Victoria University of Wellington:
- The applicant must be enrolled full-time at Victoria University of Wellington in an undergraduate or postgraduate degree program (Master’s level).
- The applicants must be first-time, unenrolled students at Victoria University of Wellington.
- The English language requirements for study at Victoria University of Wellington must have been satisfied by applicants (as stated above).
Note: The Director of Wellington University International, the International Marketing Manager of Wellington University International, and the Business Support Manager of Wellington University International (or nominations) shall make up a panel that judges applicants for scholarships.
- A 500-word maximum personal statement showing your participation in extracurricular activities, interest in internationalization, motivations, and future objectives
Application Procedure for Latin American Academic Achievement Scholarship
On the closing date, a completed online application must be submitted by 4.30 p.m. Applications that are submitted late or in part won’t be approved. The application must be submitted by 4.30 pm on the closing date together with any necessary supporting materials (including references).
Typically, applications become available one month before the deadline. If there isn’t an application link listed here, check the portal later, closer to the deadline. Inquire with the scholarship office if you have any questions.
The selection of recipients will take into account a recipient’s motivations, extracurricular activity, and academic aptitude. While they are enrolled, applicants should be prepared to serve as brand ambassadors for the university and help with its marketing efforts in Latin America.
Terms and Conditions
- All Scholarship offers are subject to the Recipient’s full-time enrollment in a full-year program (defined as the number of credits deemed full-time by Studylink) throughout the Scholarship’s allotted time. The Scholarship won’t be paid unless this stipulation is satisfied.
- The Scholarship cannot be postponed to a subsequent year.
- The Scholarship may be given in addition to other prizes.
- Recipients are encouraged to represent the university as ambassadors and, if asked, take part in marketing or activities that are acceptable.
- The Deciding Authority may alter the implementation of the Scholarship’s terms and conditions in exceptional cases or to prevent hardship for any Scholarship applicant.
- Students consent to participate in up to five marketing initiatives annually to help Victoria University of Wellington gain exposure in the Latin American market.
- The University’s Scholarships Office will immediately pay for the fees.
- If a student withdraws from their studies at the university within a year of obtaining their scholarship, they must repay the money (unless they have successfully earned a postgraduate or undergraduate degree). If recipients plan to withdraw, they must notify the scholarship office.
- The academic requirements for admission to the Victoria University of Wellington must be met, and the student must also have an offer of study.
Scholarships and Ph.D. Admissions Office
Telephone No: 0800 04 04 04
The Application Deadline is: 1 September 2023
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other New Zealand scholarships here.