Application is now open for the Maastricht University Candriam Scholarship. Interested candidates are encouraged to send in their applications before the deadline date.
About Maastricht University and Scholarship
Established in 1976, Maastricht University (UM) is a public research institution located in Maastricht, Netherlands, and stands as the second youngest among the thirteen Dutch universities. Committed to academic excellence and innovation, UM has become a prominent institution in the global educational landscape.
Candriam, an asset management company, is recognized as a pioneer and leader in Sustainable Investing. The acronym Candriam stands for ‘Conviction AND Responsibility In Asset Management.’ With a legacy dating back to 2006 as a founding member of the UN PRI, Candriam has been at the forefront of advocating for the integration of sustainability criteria in stock analysis and portfolio construction.
The organization firmly believes that this integration results in better risk-adjusted performance over the long term. Beyond its role as a responsible asset manager, Candriam is dedicated to actively contributing to society. As part of this commitment, the company donates up to 10% of its ESG fund range’s net management fees to projects focused on accelerating change through research and education in Sustainable Investing, with a specific emphasis on reducing social inequalities.
As a European-rooted asset manager, Candriam is affiliated with the New York Life group and operates as a member of New York Life Investments, one of the largest asset managers globally. Leveraging its position and commitment to sustainability, Candriam has initiated a scholarship program for students at Maastricht University.
This scholarship applies to a one-year master’s program in various fields, including Sustainability Science, Policy and Society, International Business with specializations in Sustainable Finance, Entrepreneurship, and Business Development, and Economics and Strategy in Emerging Markets at the School of Business and Economics (SBE) of Maastricht University. This initiative reflects Candriam’s dedication to supporting and fostering education in areas crucial for sustainable development, aligning with its broader mission to create a positive impact on both financial markets and society.
Details about Maastricht University Candriam Scholarship:
Scholarship Sponsor: Candriam/Maastricht University, Netherlands
Scholarship Value: €950,00 per month
Number of awards: N/A
Study level: Masters
Host Institution(s): Maastricht University, Netherlands
The scholarship includes, as specified in the scholarship award letter, living costs of €950,00 per month for the term of the scholarship, tuition at cost, and a yearly stipend for study materials provided at the start of (each) academic year. The scholarship period begins and ends on the dates specified in the letter of grant.
Eligibility Criteria for Maastricht University Candriam Scholarship
Candidates are advised to meet the following requirements to be eligible for the Maastricht University Candriam Scholarship:
- Applicants must have submitted a complete application to:
- master’s degree in sustainability science, policy, and society offered full-time, or
- a full-time master’s degree in sustainable finance and international business, or
- a full-time master’s degree in business development and entrepreneurship in international business
- a full-time master’s degree in emerging markets strategy and economics
- You are eligible to apply to the UM master’s program since you fulfill its special entrance requirements.
- You are a citizen of Switzerland, Surinam, or an EU/EEA nation;
- As a student from a non-academic background, you belong to the first generation of students. First-generation students are those who attended college or an applied science institution for the first time in their family; their parents did not pursue higher education.
Application Procedure for Maastricht University Candriam Scholarship
Step 1: Use Studielink to apply for admission to Maastricht University’s master’s program.
Step 2: Fill out the scholarship application. Once the following files have been uploaded in PDF,.docx, or.doc format, submit your application. Because you will only be able to submit your application once, please make sure that all of your supporting documentation is current.
- CV (resume). Your resume should be current, include pertinent details about your training and work history, and not exceed two A4 pages.
- Letter of Motivation. Your motivation letter has to be current and customized for this scholarship program. The school will reject generic letters of acceptance that do not specifically discuss why you were chosen for the Candriam Award. Your motivation letter should not exceed one A4 page in length. Make sure to explain why you think this scholarship is vital and why you should be chosen as a first-generation student.
- A recommendation letter from a home-country job or school institution
You only have one chance to submit your application, so be sure all of your supporting materials are current.
The Application Deadline is: 30 April 2024
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other Netherlands scholarships here.