The University of Southampton is now accepting applications for its partially funded Mathematics Postgraduate International Scholarship.
About the University of Southampton and Scholarship
The University of Southampton is a public research university located in Southampton, England. Its name is often shortened to Soton. Southampton is one of the top 100 universities in the world and a founding member of the UK’s Russell Group of institutions that prioritize research.
The institution is divided into seven campuses. In addition to the main campus, which is situated in the Highfield district, Southampton also has four other campuses. These additional campuses include the Boldrewood Campus, which is home to Lloyd’s Register as well as an engineering and maritime technology campus, the Avenue Campus, which houses the School of Humanities, the National Oceanography Centre, which offers courses in ocean and earth sciences, Southampton General Hospital, which offers courses in medicine and health sciences, and the School of Humanities on the Avenue Campus.
The institution also operates a School of Art in nearby Winchester and a foreign affiliate in Malaysia that confers engineering degrees. Every campus offers a unique collection of library facilities. The institution’s annual income for 2021–2022 was £666.8 million, with an expenditure of £733.7 million, of which £114 million came from grants and contracts for research.
The University of Southampton is now the largest institution of higher learning in the South East with 14,705 undergraduate and 7,960 graduate students. The University of Southampton Students’ Union provides support, advocacy, and social activities for students, including involvement in any of the 80 sports, 200 affiliated societies, or the Union’s four media outlets.
International students pursuing a postgraduate master’s degree in mathematics are eligible for a £3,000 stipend.
Details about the Mathematics Postgraduate International Scholarship at the University of Southampton:
Scholarship Sponsor: University of Southampton, UK
Scholarship Value: £3,000
Number of Awards: N/A
Study level: Postgraduate
Host Institution(s): University of Southampton, UK
- MSc Actuarial Science 4738 (1 year)
- MSc Data and Decision Analytics 8212 (1 year)
- MSc Operational Research and Finance 4732 (1 year)
- MSc Operational Research 4718 (1 year)
- MSc Operational Research and Statistics 6978 (1 year)
- MSc Statistics 5992 (1 year)
- MSc Statistics with Applications in Medicine
The grant will be given to selected candidates as a tuition fee discount. If the amount of the scholarship is greater than your tuition costs, the difference will be paid in full. You won’t get any more money. There is no monetary substitute available, and the award cannot be used to waive any mandatory deposits.
At the beginning of each academic year, the discounted tuition charge will be deducted from the total invoice. Your right to the fee waiver will be used by the refund policy if you drop or are suspended from a course before it is finished.
University of Southampton Mathematics Postgraduate International Scholarship – Eligibility Criteria
You must meet the following requirements to be eligible for the University of Southampton Mathematics Postgraduate International Scholarship:
- A conditional or unconditional offer to enroll in an authorized course and the status of a foreign student
- You must pay for your own tuition and get a first-class or equivalent qualification in your undergraduate program.
Note: You cannot be receiving any external sponsorship.
Interview Process for University of Southampton Mathematics Postgraduate International Scholarship
To be eligible for your scholarship, you must:
- Satisfy all requirements outlined in your offer
- Enroll as a full-time student by the start date; during enrolling, present proof of your address and educational background.
- Pay all unpaid tuition costs by the appropriate university dates.
- Not hold more than one scholarship from Southampton University – If you are qualified for more than one scholarship, you will receive the one with the highest value.
Application Procedure for University of Southampton Mathematics Postgraduate International Scholarship
There’s no need for you to apply. The school will give you this scholarship and notify you through email if you satisfy the requirements. Learn the requirements for receiving a scholarship.
The Application Deadline is: Not Specified
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other UK scholarships here.