The Miriam J. Kelley African Scholarship may award up to two awards totaling $1,000 each year. The number of awards awarded and the actual award amounts depend on the quality of the proposals and the resources available during the fiscal year in which monies are requested for expenditure.
Funding requests in proposals may be made for tuition as well as extra educational expenses like doing research or finishing a dissertation. Personal, familial, and educational expenditures are also considered. Requests for reimbursement of a portion of conference expenses will also be considered.
About Michigan State University
In East Lansing, Michigan, there is a public research institution known as Michigan State University (often known as MSU). It was the nation’s first institution of its kind when it was established in 1855 as the Agricultural College of the State of Michigan. The college was named a land-grant university by the state in 1863, after the passage of the Morrill Act in that year, making it the nation’s first institution of its kind. In 1870, the college opened its doors to both sexes.
The university’s present name, Michigan State University, was chosen in 1964 after the state formally recognized the college as a university in 1955. Among the colleges and institutions in Michigan, Michigan State now has the most undergraduate students enrolled, with over 634,300 alumni still alive.
The organization is a member of the Association of American Universities and falls under the category of “R1: Doctoral Universities – Very High Research Activity” universities. There are two Nobel Prize winners among the faculty and graduates, along with 52 Goldwater Scholars, 20 Rhodes Scholars, 20 Marshall Scholars, 16 Churchill Scholars, 5 Mitchell Scholars, and 8 Pulitzer Prize winners. The campus of the institution is home to the Facility for Rare Isotope Beams, the Eli and Edythe Broad Art Museum, the Wharton Center for Performing Arts, the Abrams Planetarium, and the biggest system of resident halls in the nation.
Miriam J. Kelley African Scholarship – Worths
Every year, the Miriam J. Kelley African Scholarship can give out up to two grants totaling $1,000. The number of awards given out and the actual award sums are determined by the standard of the proposals as well as the resources that are available throughout the fiscal year in which monies are requested to be used.
Application requirements for the Miriam J. Kelley African Scholarship Grant Program include the following:
- Africans are required to apply.
- African MSU students in excellent academic standing are required to apply. (The award places a focus on improving women’s educational opportunities)
- MSU students with temporary visas are required to apply.
- Candidates must describe the factors that suggest they may return to their country of origin.
- Candidates must have a history of success in meeting their educational goals and the self-assurance to explore more opportunities to advance their education.
Application Procedure for Miriam J. Kelley African Scholarship
If you’re interested in applying for the Miriam J. Kelley African Scholarship Grant Program, send your application to the Office for International Students and Scholars, 103 International Centre. The application is divided into two parts: a narrative and two supporting letters.
Part I: Your tale should cover the following subjects and not exceed three single-spaced pages:
- A general summary of the applicant’s educational objectives and the connection between the suggested activities and those objectives (what you’ll do, why, where, and with whom).
- Specific objectives of the activities and potential long- or short-term gains for the student and their nation of origin.
- Budget overview outlining anticipated costs of the activities and additional financing that the student will receive from the institution or outside sources throughout these activities.
Part II: Backing letters
- It is necessary to provide two supporting letters, one from the applicant’s adviser or chairman and the other from one of the applicant’s teachers.
Download and fill out the application form.
July 15, 2023
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other USA scholarships here.