Application is now open for the Onsi Sawiris Scholarship. Interested applicants are encouraged to send their applications in before the deadline date.
About the Scholarship
The Onsi Sawiris Scholarship program offers fully funded undergraduate and graduate scholarships to students from outside the United States. This scholarship includes full tuition, a living allowance, travel costs, and health insurance.
Egyptian students who wish to pursue undergraduate or graduate degrees at top American schools may apply for the Onsi Sawiris Scholarship program. These will be awarded based on character and prestige, as shown by academic excellence, entrepreneurial spirit, and extracurricular activities. The scholarships include all tuition costs as well as living expenses, as well as health and travel insurance. The possibility of an internship position with the firm will also be available to scholarship applicants.
To put money towards educational initiatives that would benefit the areas in which it operates, Orascom Construction established the Onsi Sawiris Program in the year 2000. This project provides as an example of how the business community should constructively participate in educational projects in Egypt. The program’s goal is to provide young Egyptians with the means to improve their professions and build their character while aiding the communities where they reside.
Candidates who have not spent a substantial amount of time living, studying, or working overseas will be given preference. The only universities that qualify for the Onsi Sawiris Scholarship Program are the Universities of Chicago, Stanford, Harvard, and Pennsylvania.
Details about Onsi Sawiris Scholarship
Scholarship Sponsor: Orascom Construction
Scholarship Value: Fully funded
Number of awards: N/A
Study level: Undergraduate and Masters
Host Institution(s): Stanford University, The University of Chicago, Harvard University, The University of Pennsylvania.
Courses: Engineering, Finance, Economics, Political Science, Management
Program Period: Undergraduate: 4 Years Master: 2 Years
Onsi Sawiris Scholarship – Eligibility Criteria
Applicants are advised to meet the following conditions to be eligible for the Onsi Sawiris Scholarship:
- Be Egyptian citizens who reside in Egypt (applicants with mixed nationalities will not be given priority).
- Be prepared to begin their academic careers in the United States in 2024.
- Be dedicated to returning for two years to Egypt after completing their bachelor’s degree.
- Have not lived abroad for more than three years.
- GPA of 3.5 and 90% in Thanaweyya Amma certification (secondary year) or similar certifications required for iBT TOEFL scores
- Old SAT score (before May 2016): 2100 overall SAT I minimum score needed to count: 700 Mathematics: 700; 700;
- The updated SAT has a total score of 1450 as of May 2016. Evidence-Based Reading and Writing: 730 On the SAT II in all three subjects, math scored a 730 or 600.
- Activate your extracurriculars.
- Be Egyptian citizens who live in Egypt (priority will be given to those who do not own a second nationality).
- Plan to pursue a master’s degree in business administration or engineering at one of the best colleges in the US.
- have not spent more than three years living abroad.
- be committed to staying in Egypt for two years after completing their bachelor’s degree.
- GPA: 3.0 TOEFL: iBT of at least 100 A rating of 3.5 or above (Very Good or better, Overall)
- at least three years of experience in the workforce
- MBA: GMAT score of 650 or above (obtained in the last five years)
- Additional Academic Activities They currently or in the past have taken part in extracurricular activities.
- Previous GRE scores are no longer valid.
- New GRE results: acceptable minimum
- Total: 302
- Writing an Analysis: 4.5
- Engineering, business administration, and construction management are the available study areas.
- Applicants who possess a Master’s degree from Egypt in a technical subject other than the one for which they are applying will be taken into consideration
- Candidates who already possess a Master’s degree from a foreign university or a Master’s degree in the same field from an Egyptian university will not be given consideration.
- Admission to a university is not guaranteed by nomination for the Onsi Sawiris Scholarship Program. The only universities that have accepted applications are those that are listed below. If chosen, the Onsi Sawiris Scholarship Program prize will be presented to the student upon enrollment in the university.
- Candidates who have not spent a substantial amount of time living, working, or studying abroad will be given preference.
- The list of authorized universities is the only one eligible for the Onsi Sawiris Scholarship Program.
Application Process for Onsi Sawiris Scholarship
To get an Onsi Sawiris scholarship, please do the following actions:
For Undergraduate Scholarship:
- Register for an account on the Amideast website.
- All personal information should be entered.
- Indicate every aspect of your schooling.
- In the Statement of Purpose area, respond to the following two questions:
- How would going to the institution you want to apply to help you succeed on these many levels, taking into account personal, local, and societal problems as they pertain to your future? 500 words should be plenty to discuss. Please keep in mind that the essay you write for your application is very important.
- What matters most to you? How have you gone about following your interests? Your essay should be 350 words long. Please keep in mind that the essay you write for your application is very important.
- Include the below files in the attachments section:
- Application form
- Copy of transcripts
- Copy of graduation certificate or Thanaweyya Amma certificate (if available)
- Copy of test scores (SAT I / or SAT II) & IBT TOEFL
- Two recommendation letters
- Submit your application.
For Masters Scholarship:
- Application form for the Onsi Sawiris Scholarship Graduate application.
- Required Documents:
- Copy of graduation certificate
- Copy of transcripts
- Copy of test scores (TOEFL – iBT / GRE or GMAT)
- Two recommendation letters.
- Contact AMIDEAST at 19263 or send an email to OSSP@amideast.org for questions about the scholarship.
You can also visit the official website for further details.
The Application Deadline is: July 31, 2023
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other USA scholarships here.