Application is now open for PhD Position on Measuring Energy Efficiency and Productivity in European Agriculture at the Wageningen University & Research. Interested candidates are encouraged to send their applications in before the deadline date.
About Wageningen University & Research and Scholarship
A public research university in Wageningen, Netherlands, Wageningen University & Research (abbreviated WUR) is focused on the biological sciences with an emphasis on agricultural, technical, and engineering subjects. For agricultural and biological sciences research, it is a major global hub. It is situated in the Dutch area referred to as the Food Valley.
The Wageningen University & Research is offering an International PhD Position on Measuring Energy Efficiency and Productivity in European Agriculture. If you want to pursue higher education at a reasonable cost, apply now. Students from both domestic and foreign countries who want to enroll in the university’s Ph.D. program are especially eligible for the scholarship program.
Based on a full-time workweek of 38 hours, the gross monthly compensation is € 2,770 in the first year and increases to € 3,539 in the fourth. A fixed December bonus of 8.3%, flexible work schedules, accrual of vacation and compensation hours, access to sports facilities, partially compensated parental leave, and a first-rate pension plan are among the other perks.
Details about PhD Position on Measuring Energy Efficiency and Productivity in European Agriculture at Wageningen University & Research:
Scholarship Sponsor: Wageningen University & Research, Netherlands
Scholarship Value: Gross salary for the first year is € 2,770 per month, rising to € 3,539 in the fourth year, based on a full-time working week of 38 hours
Number of awards: N/A
Study level: PhD
Host Institution(s): Wageningen University & Research, Netherlands
- Excellent working conditions are provided by Wageningen University & Research, which also gives a fixed December bonus of 8.3%, flexible work schedules, supplementary compensation/holiday hours, paid parental leave, and a top-notch pension plan.
- According to the Collective Labor Agreements for Dutch Universities (CAO-NU) (scale P), the gross monthly wage is € 2,770 in the first year and increases to € 3,539 in the fourth.
- The course curriculum is adjusted to meet the requirements of the PhD project.
- The role provides exceptional training possibilities, a unique position in an international setting at Holland’s greenest and most creative campus, and the opportunity for personal initiative in a learning atmosphere.
Eligibility Criteria for PhD Position on Measuring Energy Efficiency and Productivity in European Agriculture
Candidates are advised to meet the following requirements to be eligible for the Position on Measuring Energy Efficiency and Productivity in European Agriculture at Wageningen University & Research:
- Qualified Countries: Open to all nationalities
- Admissible Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded in any subject offered by the university.
- Acceptable Criteria: To be qualified, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Possess an MSc degree in business economics, environmental economics, agricultural economics, or economics.
- Possess a desire to create fresh approaches for examining how energy and inputs high in energy are used in European agriculture.
- Possess a strong background in quantitative empirical analysis, including mathematical programming and econometrics, and have hands-on experience in this field.
- Possesses C1 proficiency in the English language, speaking and writing.
- Requirements for Admission: MSc holders in a related discipline are required.
- Language Requirement: C1 proficiency in both writing and speaking English is required.
A motivation letter (no more than two pages A4) and a resume (no more than four pages A4) with the names and contact information of two possible references should be uploaded by applicants.
Application Process for PhD Position on Measuring Energy Efficiency and Productivity in European Agriculture
Are you interested and eligible for the PhD Position? Complete the online application form. For more details about this position, please contact Frederic Ang, associate professor of business economics (email@example.com), or Alfons Oude Lansink, chair and professor of business economics (firstname.lastname@example.org). You can visit the official website for further details.
The Application Deadline is: Not Specified
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other Netherlands scholarships here.