Application is now open for the Positions in Bacterial Coating and Catalysis at the University of Southern Denmark. Interested applicants are encouraged to send their applications in before the deadline date.
About the University of Southern Denmark and Scholarship
With campuses throughout Southern Denmark and on Zealand, the University of Southern Denmark (Danish: Syddansk Universitet, lit. “South Danish University”; abbreviated SDU) is a Danish university. In collaboration with the Universities of Kiel and Flensburg, the institution offers a variety of collaborative programs. Strong ties exist with the global scientific community and the local business sector. Given its origins in an Odense institution, the institution is the third-oldest in Denmark with 29,674 registered students (as of 2016); if one counts the Technical University of Denmark, it is the fourth-oldest.
For its International PhD Positions in Bacterial Coating and Catalysis for the academic session 2024, the University of Southern Denmark is excitedly anticipating submissions from exceptional individuals. The university’s PhD program supports gifted students who wish to pursue a three-year PhD in the Department of Physics, Chemistry, and Pharmacy.
Details about Positions in Bacterial Coating and Catalysis at the University of Southern Denmark:
Scholarship Sponsor: University of Southern Denmark
Scholarship Value: Varies
Number of awards: N/A
Study level: PhD
Host Institution(s): University of Southern Denmark
The Ministry of Finance and AC (the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations) have an agreement on paid PhD scholars, and the successful candidate will be engaged in line with that arrangement. If you would like additional details about taxation and salary, please click the links. The Danish Ministerial Order on the PhD Programme at the Universities (PhD order) and faculty policies will govern the successful candidate’s enrollment at this university.
Eligibility Criteria for Positions in Bacterial Coating and Catalysis
Candidates are advised to meet the following conditions to be qualified for Positions in Bacterial Coating and Catalysis at the University of Southern Denmark:
- Countries Eligible to Apply: Students may apply from Denmark as well as other countries.
- Courses or Subjects That Qualify: The University of Southern Denmark is accepting applications for its PhD positions in bacterial coating and catalysis.
- Qualifications: Applicants must fulfill each of the following requirements to be considered for consideration:
- The perfect applicant needs to have:
- a master’s degree in organic and supramolecular synthesis with a strong foundation in polymer, supramolecular, or organic chemistry, or a related discipline.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication abilities in English that promote productive interdisciplinary teamwork.
- Preference for experience in cell coating or cell surface engineering; also applicable to supramolecular, organocatalytic, or polymeric catalysis.
- Admission Requirements: Candidates must demonstrate by scientific accomplishments (such as publications, outreach activities, code repositories, conference presentations, and thesis quality) that they have the capacity to do great research.
- Language Requirement: The candidates must be exceptionally proficient in both oral and written scientific English communication.
The following paperwork must be brought to the university by the students:
- A one-page maximum study proposal or description of your methodology for the aforementioned subject, excluding references
- A letter, no more than two pages, outlining your reasons for being interested in the project in question and your credentials for it (please include this under the “Application form”)
- Comprehensive resume with direct contact details
- Copies of diplomas, with transcripts of grades and remarks for both the bachelor’s and master’s degrees
- Two autographed recommendation letters minimum. If your references would prefer to send their letters to the school directly, please do so by email, with your name and the position’s title in the subject line. Please be aware that they must also get to the admission office before the deadline.
Application Procedure for Positions in Bacterial Coating and Catalysis
The Submission Deadline is: 30 November 2023
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other Denmark scholarships here.