Application is now open for the Erasmus Mundus GLOCAL Scholarships For International Students at the University of Glasgow. Interested candidates are encouraged to send their applications in before the deadline date.
About the University of Glasgow and Scholarship
The University of Glasgow, established in 1451, holds the distinction of being the fourth-oldest university in the English-speaking world and is one of Scotland’s four ancient universities. With a rich history and a commitment to academic excellence, the university continues to play a vital role in shaping education and research.
One noteworthy program offered by the University of Glasgow is the “Global Markets, Local Creativities” (GLOCAL) International Masters degree. Spanning two years, this program is a collaborative effort involving seven world-class and internationally renowned universities. The GLOCAL program is designed to explore how local places, such as clusters, cities, and regions, along with local actors like entrepreneurs, firms, and policymakers, generate competitiveness within the context of global market conditions.
The unique curriculum of this two-year academic program emphasizes the significance of historical and social contexts in which economic development, public policy, and business strategies unfold. Students enrolled in the GLOCAL program acquire critical skills to comprehend the intersecting complementarity of the global and local spheres. The program offers practical experience opportunities through internships and industrial placements, allowing students to apply their knowledge in real-world settings.
Depending on their chosen pathway, students in the GLOCAL program engage in eight to ten core courses and around eight optional courses. The learning experience is delivered through a mix of lectures and seminars, and students have the opportunity to study at three of the GLOCAL partner universities. This diverse and immersive approach enhances the students’ understanding of global-local dynamics.
The GLOCAL program is an ideal fit for highly talented individuals aspiring to pursue careers in urban or public policy organizations, multinational corporations, international consultancies, cultural and creative industries, or non-profit organizations. The curriculum encourages the exploration of interdisciplinary perspectives on globalization, with a particular focus on cities, creative industries, development, and the local cultures of entrepreneurship.
Dedicated to equality in all its activities, the GLOCAL program at the University of Glasgow welcomes applicants from diverse backgrounds. The university is committed to fostering a learning environment free from discrimination and unfair treatment, aligning with the principles and policies of Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion at the University of Glasgow.
Details about Erasmus Mundus GLOCAL Scholarships For International Students at the University of Glasgow:
Scholarship Sponsor: University of Glasgow, UK
Scholarship Value: Varies
Number of awards: N/A
Study level: Masters
Host Institution(s): University of Glasgow, UK
The GLOCAL scholarship comprises:
- An amount towards the expenditures associated with student involvement, which includes tuition, complete insurance coverage, and any other charges that are required to be incurred
- A portion of the expenditures for the students’ installation and transportation
- A monthly stipend to cover living expenses for the length of the course of study
The scholarship recipient’s domicile (as established above on January 6, 2024) is the only factor considered for the contribution to travel and installation expenses and the contribution to sustenance costs, irrespective of the application type.
Eligibility Criteria for Erasmus Mundus GLOCAL Scholarships
Candidates are advised to meet the following conditions to be qualified for Erasmus Mundus GLOCAL Scholarships For International Students at the University of Glasgow:
- Academic Conditions
- UK – 2:1 Honours Degree
- EU & International – Country-specific GPA prerequisites here
- Academic Background
- See study tracks here
- English Language Entry Prerequisites
- For candidates whose first language is not English, the University sets a minimum English language ability level. You can find out more here.
- Deadline for applications:
- Track D: 12th January 2024
- All other channels:
- International/EU applications: 26th July 2024
- Home (UK) applications: 16th August 2024
All applications must have the following:
- Degree certificate (as well as an official English translation)
- Certified transcripts from school (as well as an official English translation)
- Fluency in English. Please see the section under “English Language Entry Requirements” for additional details on the criteria and exclusions for English language competency.
- an image of your passport’s picture page.
- CV (Optional, but not required, in Europass format).
- GLOCAL Application Form: Entry for 2024
- On headed paper, two letters of recommendation in favor.
- References need to be dated no later than 24 months from the application submission date.
- They need to be printed on official stationery or have an official seal. A reference can be sent straight from the referee’s institutional email address if neither is accessible.
- Personal email addresses will not be considered for references.
- References must be signed using either a wet-ink or an electronic signature. Typing a name is insufficient.
- Academic references ought to comprise at least one of the two references. If obtaining two academic references is not feasible, one might serve as a professional reference.
Application Procedure for Erasmus Mundus GLOCAL Scholarships For International Students
All applications must be submitted online, along with any supporting files that need to be supplied. Please be aware that applications or supporting documentation sent by email are not accepted by the institution.
Please familiarize yourself with the Program Entry Requirements before applying. It is required that all candidates to the GLOCAL program fill out this form to verify.
Along with any other supporting evidence, please fill out this form and send it as a PDF file to your Global Markets, Local Creativities application (the regular University of Glasgow Application for Graduate Studies) under the “Scholarship Form” document area. Please take note that the deadline for the Erasmus Mundus scholarship for 2023 entrance has passed and that this is not an application for a scholarship. Just to be clear, there aren’t any Erasmus Mundus fellowships available for the class of 2024–2026. However, it has not been able to modify the name of this field on the application portal due to technical issues.
Please see the Frequently Asked Questions section if you have any further inquiries. The University of Glasgow Postgraduate Taught Admissions Policy is another resource you can go to. For inquiries about the University of Glasgow’s admissions requirements or the online application process, please contact the Postgraduate Admissions staff at email@example.com. You can also visit the official website for further details.
The Submission Deadline is: 12 January 2024
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other UK scholarships here.