Application is now open for the PhD International Scholarships in Behavioral Economics at the University of Southern Denmark. Interested applicants are encouraged to send their applications in before the deadline date.
About the University of Southern Denmark and Scholarship
The University of Southern Denmark, often known as Syddansk Universitet or South Danish University (abbreviated SDU), is a Danish university with campuses in Zealand and Southern Denmark. In collaboration with the Universities of Flensburg and Kiel, the institution provides a variety of collaborative programs. Strong connections exist with both the worldwide scientific community and local industry.
As of 2016, the university has 29,674 students enrolled, making it the third-largest and, given its ties to Odense University, the third-oldest institution in Denmark (fourth if one takes into account the Technical Institution of Denmark). The University of Southern Denmark has been placed by the Times Higher Education World University Rankings in the Top 100 Universities Under 50 List from 36th (2012), 38th (2013), 37th (2014), and 44th (2015) since the systems were introduced in 2012. Following the QS World University Rankings for 2012–2015, it is included among the Top 50 Universities Under 50.
The Department of Economics at the University of Southern Denmark is glad to offer fully-funded Ph.D. international scholarships in behavioral economics for the academic year 2023–2024. The money aids gifted students who wish to pursue a fully-funded, three-year Ph.D. The Sino-Danish Centre for Education and Research (SDC) is providing full funding for the three-year Ph.D. fellowship. A competitive compensation package will be offered to the chosen candidate.
Details about Ph.D. International Scholarships in Behavioral Economics at the University of Southern Denmark:
Scholarship Sponsor: University of Southern Denmark
Scholarship Value: Fully Funded
Number of awards: N/A
Study level: PhD
Host Institution(s): University of Southern Denmark
A competitive compensation package will be offered to the chosen candidate. The agreement of November 10, 2015, on Graduate Employees in the government’s appendix 5 – protocol on PhD Research Fellows – governs employment as a salaried PhD Research Fellow.
Eligibility Criteria for PhD International Scholarships in Behavioral Economics
Applicants are advised to meet the following requirements to be qualified for PhD International Scholarships in Behavioral Economics at the University of Southern Denmark:
- International and Danish students are also eligible to apply.
- Students may apply to the University of Southern Denmark’s Ph.D. program in advanced thin films for scalable energy conversion and storage devices.
- Eligibility: The following requirements must be satisfied by all candidates for them to be considered:
- Master’s degree earned before the scholarship’s start in economics, management, psychology, or a comparable discipline
- Strong interest in behavioral economics and some knowledge of it, particularly behavioral decision theory
- It is preferred to have expertise in developing and carrying out lab or online experiments as well as knowledge of experimental techniques.
- Strong analytical, statistical, and econometric capabilities
- Strong English communication abilities, both in writing and speaking
- Strong programming abilities, such as those in Python or R, are preferred by applicants.
- Admission Criteria: Applicants must verify all university admission criteria.
- The candidates must be extremely proficient in conveying scientific results in English, both verbally and in writing.
The university requires the following paperwork from the students:
- Detailed resume with the names and contact information of two people who can serve as references
- copies of your diploma and transcripts of grades
- A motivating letter (maximum 2 pages) outlining why the candidate is a suitable fit for the subject and how their talents provide them a strong basis to do so.
- Describe your idea for a study that will use experimental techniques to examine how people make decisions when faced with uncertainty. Guidelines supplied by the faculty for creating project descriptions)
- 250-word maximum abstract for the aforementioned project description
Application Procedure for PhD International Scholarships in Behavioral Economics
The Submission Deadline is: 10 October 2023
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other Denmark scholarships here.