Application is now open for the University of Newcastle International PhD Scholarships in Built Depolymerisation Solution for Polyethylene Waste. Interested candidates are encouraged to send their applications in before the deadline date.
About the University of Newcastle and Scholarship
Since its establishment in 1965, the University of Newcastle has been at the forefront of providing exceptional education and research opportunities, fostering a dynamic learning environment for students from diverse backgrounds.
The primary campus, situated in the picturesque Newcastle suburb of Callaghan, serves as the heart of academic activities. Additionally, the university extends its reach with campuses strategically located in Central Coast, Singapore, Newcastle City in the Hunter, and Sydney, ensuring accessibility and a global perspective for its student community.
As part of its ongoing commitment to research and academic excellence, the University of Newcastle is proud to offer International PhD Scholarships in In-Built Depolymerisation Solution for Polyethylene Waste. This unique study program is meticulously designed to cater to the academic aspirations of both domestic and international students aspiring to pursue a Ph.D. degree at the university.
The scholarship underscores the university’s dedication to addressing pressing global challenges, particularly in the realm of environmental sustainability. Focusing on the in-built depolymerization solution for polyethylene waste, the program invites aspiring scholars to contribute to cutting-edge research in a crucial area of scientific inquiry.
Details about the University of Newcastle International PhD Scholarships in Built Depolymerisation Solution for Polyethylene Waste:
Scholarship Sponsor: University of Newcastle, Australia
Scholarship Value: $32,192 per annum (2024 rate), indexed annually
Number of awards: 2
Study level: PhD
Host Institution(s): University of Newcastle, Australia
- Living allowance scholarship: $32,192 per annum (2024 rate), adjusted annually.
- For living allowance scholarships, the duration is 3.5 years; for tuition fee scholarships, it is 4 years.
- Relocation Allowance: $1,500 maximum.
- International candidates are eligible to get Overseas Student Health Coverage at a single rate.
Eligibility Criteria for the University of Newcastle International PhD Scholarships in Built Depolymerisation Solution for Polyethylene Waste
Applicants are advised to meet the following conditions to be qualified for the University of Newcastle International PhD Scholarships in Built Depolymerisation Solution for Polyethylene Waste:
- All nationalities are eligible.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: Available to applicants with an MSc or BSc in Chemistry (or a related field), preferably with experience in protein modification, NMR, or polymer chemistry.
- Admissible Criteria: To be admitted, applicants must fulfill the following minimal requirements for eligibility.
- have fulfilled all prerequisites for admission to the Bachelor with Honors Class I, Class II, Division I, or any other degree that the Head of School has authorized for this purpose; or
- have completed all requirements for admission to the University’s Bachelor’s program or any other program approved by the Head of School for this purpose, and have attained through additional work and study a standard that the Head of School recognizes as being at least equal to Honors Class II, Division 1; or
- In extraordinary circumstances, provide proof of holding any additional professional or academic credentials and/or experience that the head of school may accept;
- A minimal level of professional experience in the fields of education, medical physics, nursing, social work, social sciences, and surgery has been accomplished, as mandated by the head of school; an Australian honours degree with Class 1 or Class 2 division 1. International students are typically regarded as having the same standing as Australian honors graduates with a four-year bachelor’s degree that includes a substantial research training component completed to a high grade.
- Admission Requirements: Candidates must meet the minimal eligibility requirements and have a BSc + honors or MSc in Chemistry (or a comparable discipline).
CV, brief statement of research interests, Scanned copies of academic transcripts, and a proposal
Application Procedure for the University of Newcastle International PhD Scholarships in Built Depolymerisation Solution for Polyethylene Waste
To show their interest, interested candidates should send an email together with scanned copies of their resumes, academic transcripts, a summary of their research interests, and a proposal that ties them directly to the project.
To express interest, please submit an email to Robert.Chapman@newcastle.edu.au by 5 p.m. on March 1, 2024.
The Application Deadline is: 01 March 2024
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other Australia scholarships here.