Application is now open for the La Trobe University OTARC PhD Scholarship For Autistic Scholars. Interested applicants are encouraged to send in their applications before the deadline date.
About La Trobe University and University
La Trobe University stands as a beacon of academic excellence and research innovation. Established in 1964, it emerged as the third university in the state of Victoria and the twelfth in Australia, contributing significantly to the country’s academic landscape.
La Trobe University is committed to pushing the boundaries of knowledge and fostering excellence in research across various disciplines. In alignment with this commitment, the Olga Tennison Research Scholarship has been established by the Olga Tennison Autism Research Centre (OTARC). This scholarship stands as a testament to OTARC’s dedication to empowering exceptional Autistic scholars and practitioners.
The Olga Tennison Research Scholarship is a prestigious opportunity designed for Autistic candidates who exhibit outstanding research potential. The scholarship aims to support and enable these promising individuals to pursue a graduate research degree within the esteemed Olga Tennison Autism Research Centre at La Trobe University.
Aspiring scholars who embark on this transformative journey will have the chance to contribute meaningfully to the field of autism research. The scholarship not only provides financial support but also signifies a commitment to fostering an inclusive and supportive research community that recognizes and values the unique perspectives and contributions of Autistic individuals.
Prospective students aspiring to undertake a Ph.D. degree program at La Trobe University through the Olga Tennison Research Scholarship can expect an enriching and intellectually stimulating research environment. The scholarship is a gateway to engaging with cutting-edge research initiatives, accessing state-of-the-art resources, and collaborating with renowned experts in the field of autism research.
Details about La Trobe University OTARC PhD Scholarship For Autistic Scholars:
Scholarship Sponsor: La Trobe University, Australia
Scholarship Value: $33,500 Per annum, for three and a half years
Number of awards: N/A
Study level: PhD
Host Institution(s): La Trobe University, Australia
- A $33,500 annual stipend (2023 full-time rate) for up to three and a half (3.5) years of study toward a doctorate
- Scholarship for up to four years’ tuition fees
- Availability of a $5,000 maximum support allowance for the duration of the candidature
- Further funding options for candidates enrolled in the School of Psychology and Population Health to cover project-related expenses and conference travel
- Generous leave benefits, together with financial aid for moving and thesis production
- Opportunities to collaborate with exceptional scholars at OTARC and availability of the school’s professional development offerings.
Eligibility Criteria for La Trobe University OTARC PhD Scholarship For Autistic Scholars
Applicants are advised to meet the following requirements to be qualified for the La Trobe University OTARC PhD Scholarship For Autistic Scholars:
- Citizens of Australia, New Zealand, and Permanent Residents are eligible countries.
- Acceptable Course(s): Ph.D. in philosophy with an emphasis on autism research that fits into one of the four research program areas of OTARC: Recognition and Evaluation, Practices and Supports for Everyday Living, Health and well-being, and Engagement in Education and the Workforce
- Acceptable Requirements: Applicants must identify as autistic and be citizens or permanent residents of Australia. They must be enrolled in a Ph.D. program or complete the entrance requirements for the Doctor of Philosophy. Furthermore, candidates shall not be awarded more than 75% of the stipend rate for the same reason by another scholarship. Additionally offered is an equity-based applicant evaluation process.
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must identify a possible principal supervisor stationed at OTARC and gain in-principle permission for their research topic, corresponding with the priority areas stated.
- Language Prerequisite: Not mentioned
Application Procedure for La Trobe University OTARC PhD Scholarship For Autistic Scholars
Before the deadline, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to indicate your interest and discuss potential project options. After you have obtained in-principle approval for your proposal, you will receive information on how to apply.
Once you have an agreement in principle, proceed with submitting your full application for a scholarship and candidacy. When asked in the application portal, choose ‘Graduate Research – Specialist Research Scholarship,’ and enter the scholarship code SRS-24007.
The Submission Deadline is: 01 March 2024
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other Australia scholarships here.