Applications are welcomed for the Sussex School of Engineering and Informatics Masters Award to receive funding for your graduate study. All overseas candidates who enroll in a full-time master’s program at the School of Engineering and Informatics beginning in September 2023 are eligible for the grant.
About the University of Sussex
Why attend the University of Sussex? Students have the chance to alter their world by attending Sussex University. Additionally to having a rich tradition of bonfire festivals and a proud musical past, it also has a stellar reputation for research and education.
In East Sussex, England’s Falmer, the University of Sussex is a public institution with a focus on research. Almost all of it is included inside Brighton and Hove’s municipal limits. With handy access to central Brighton just 5.5 kilometers (3.4 miles) away, the expansive campus site is encircled by the South Downs National Park. As the first university of the generation made of plate glass, the university acquired its Royal Charter in August 1961.
A little under one-third of its staff members are foreign-born, while more than one-third of its students are enrolled in postgraduate programs. Over 1,000 professors from more than 140 different nations make up Sussex’s varied community of approximately 20,000 students, of whom about one-third are international students. The institution’s annual revenue for 2021–2022 was £345.2 million, while its annual expenditures were £377.4 million.
The University of Sussex will provide a £2,000 partial price remission given toward international tuition expenses. The applicant’s Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS), which is required to apply for a student visa, will reflect the award.
Eligibility for Sussex School of Engineering and Informatics Masters Award
- Eligible nations include Afghanistan.
- Acceptable Subjects or Courses: The Sussex School of Engineering and Informatics Masters Award will be given in September 2023 for a full-time PG (taught) degree at the School of Engineering and Informatics, including:
Engineering and Design
- Robotics and Autonomous Systems (with a Masters industrial placement) MSc
- Robotics and Autonomous Systems (with an industrial placement year) MSc
- 5G Mobile Communications and Intelligent Embedded Systems (with an industrial placement year) MSc
- 5G Mobile Communications and Intelligent Embedded Systems MSc
- Advanced Mechanical Engineering MSc
- Advanced Electronic and Electrical Engineering MSc
- Engineering Business Management MSc
- Robotics and Autonomous Systems MSc
Computing, Digital Media and Artificial Intelligence
- Advanced Computer Science MSc
- Artificial Intelligence and Adaptive Systems MSc
- Computer Science (Conversion) MSc
- Computing with Digital Media MSc
- Management of Information Technology MSc
- Artificial Intelligence and Adaptive Systems (with an industrial placement year) MSc
- Acceptable Standards: The following requirements must be satisfied by all candidates to be considered for the Sussex School of Engineering and Informatics Masters Award:
- Must be international students paying fees.
- In September 2023, the student must begin a full-time Master’s program at the School of Engineering and Informatics.
Application Process for the Sussex School of Engineering and Informatics Masters Award
- No further scholarship application is required.
- All overseas applicants who enroll for a full-time master’s program at the School of Engineering and Informatics beginning in September 2023 will automatically receive the Sussex School of Engineering and Informatics overseas Masters Award.
- Utilize the postgraduate application system to apply to Sussex.
- Supporting Records: A personal statement is a required component of the application process.
- Entry Requirements: Candidates must possess credentials relevant to the master’s program they have selected. If applicants possess other professional credentials or experience of comparable status, they may also be considered for the course.
- Language Prerequisite: Standard level on the IELTS (Academic) (6.0 overall, with at least 5.5 in each component).
- The English language requirements must be met, or candidates who are foreign students must finish a pre-sessional English course.
Scholarship deadline: September 30, 2023. The deadline for applications is August 1, 2023.
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other UK scholarships here.