Applications for the 2023 McGill University McCall MacBain Scholarships are now open for interested and eligible forthcoming applicants willing to study in Canada. Your whole master’s or professional program is entirely sponsored by the McCall MacBain Scholarships. Additionally, it provides you with a living allowance to help you pay your bills while you’re in school. They will also provide you with financial aid if you need to relocate to Montréal.
When you receive this scholarship, you will receive assistance from a mentor, coach, and advisers. They’ll encourage you and provide advice. This program gives you the chance to learn more and explore your interests in addition to honing your leadership abilities.
For the 2024 cohort, applications are now being accepted. For admittance in 2024, up to 20 Canadians (citizens, permanent residents, and refugees) and 10 foreign applicants will be chosen as McCall MacBain Scholars.
If you apply for the McCall MacBain Scholarship, you may also be eligible for other prizes. Candidates that stand out throughout the interview process will be named as close to 100 finalists and receive regional prizes.
About McGill University
In Montreal, Quebec, Canada, there is a public research institution called McGill University (French: Université McGill). The institution was established in 1821 by royal license and is named after the Scottish trader James McGill, whose contribution in 1813 created the institution of McGill College. The institution became known as McGill University in a formal ceremony in 1885.
Located in the Ville-Marie neighborhood of downtown Montreal, the main campus of McGill University lies on the slope of Mount Royal. A second campus, Sainte-Anne-de-Bellevue, is located on Montreal Island, 30 kilometers (19 mi) to the west of the main campus. In addition to being the sole Canadian member of the Global University Leaders Forum (GULF) under the World Economic Forum, the university is one of only two members of the Association of American Universities outside of the United States, along with the University of Toronto.
Worths of McCall MacBain Scholarships
Duration and Reward
- You will be eligible to enroll in a master’s or second-entry professional degree program at McGill University as a McCall MacBain Scholar with full funding.
- The McCall MacBain Scholarships include a living allowance of CAD 2,000 per month during academic semesters, tuition and fees for the whole typical length of the master’s or professional program, and a relocation payment for moving to Montréal.
- If you apply for the McCall MacBain Scholarship, you may also be eligible for other prizes. 20 International Finalist Awards ($20,000) are available to all other entrants, including American applicants.
- You will take part in an intense leadership development program with a cohort of researchers from various areas, which includes seminars with case studies, to help you better handle difficult situations and broaden your effect.
- Every scholar is paired with an encouraging and knowledgeable mentor, a qualified coach, and advisers.
- You’ll have chances to broaden your knowledge and pique your curiosity in addition to honing your leadership abilities.
To be eligible for McCall MacBain Scholarships, you must meet the requirements listed below:
- If you intend to apply for Summer/Fall 2024 admission to a full-time master’s or second-entry professional undergraduate program at McGill University, you may apply for a McCall MacBain Scholarship in 2023.
- The curriculum must be at least 45 credits long and largely take place on the downtown or Macdonald campuses of McGill University.
- For admission to the McGill master’s program, candidates must fulfill the minimum educational and language criteria.
- A bachelor’s degree, it’s recognized equivalent, or the ability to get one by August 2024 are requirements.
Application Procedure for McCall MacBain Scholarships
To apply for McCall MacBain Scholarships, fill out the application form on McGill University at apply.mccallmacbainscholars.org.
To be accepted to a graduate program at McGill University, you must submit a separate application and be accepted. You should research the admission standards for your selected program, including but not limited to GPA, well in advance.
- Regional interviews: October 12 – December 1, 2023
- Classes start: September 2024
August 24, 2023
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other Canada scholarships here.