Artificial Intelligence and Data Science Conversion Masters Scholarships for the academic year 2023–2024 are now available, thanks to the University of Birmingham.
The scholarships are intended to promote postgraduate study in artificial intelligence (AI) and data science at the institution among more women, Black students, handicapped students, and students from lower socioeconomic backgrounds.
About the University of Birmingham
Why attend the University of Birmingham? The University of Birmingham offers access to top-notch instruction, cutting-edge research facilities, and a welcoming learning atmosphere for those who want to pursue their academic interests there.
A public research university located in Birmingham, England is known as the University of Birmingham (or simply Birmingham University). As a successor to Sir Josiah Mason’s Mason Science College (1875) and Queen’s College, Birmingham (1825), it received its royal charter in 1900, making it the first English unitary university and the first civic or “red brick” university to do so. Queen’s College, Birmingham was founded in 1825 as the Birmingham School of Medicine and Surgery. It is a founding member of the global research university network Universitas 21 as well as the Russell Group of British institutions.
The student body in 2019–20 consists of 23,155 undergraduate and 12,605 postgraduate students, making it the seventh-largest in the UK (out of 169). With an expenditure of £1.02 billion, the university’s yearly income for 2021–22 was £869.8 million, of which £215.0 million came from grants and contracts for research. The University of Birmingham improved its grade point average from equal to 31st in the previous Research Excellence Framework in 2014 to equal 13th out of 129 institutions in the 2021 REF.
The university is home to the Lapworth Museum of Geology, the Cadbury Research Library, the Mingana Collection of Middle Eastern Manuscripts, the Shakespeare Institute, the Barber Institute of Fine Arts, and the 100-meter Joseph Chamberlain Memorial Clock Tower, a prominent landmark visible from many parts of the city. The Barber Institute of Fine Arts houses works by Van Gogh, Picasso, and Monet. The Shakespeare Institute is also located on campus. Neville Chamberlain and Stanley Baldwin, two former British prime ministers, the musician Sir Edward Elgar, and eleven Nobel laureates are among the university’s faculty members and graduates.
Birmingham is ranked 91st in the world by U.S. News & World Report in 2022. According to the SCImago Institutions Rankings for 2019, it is placed 137th out of all institutions in the globe. Birmingham was ranked 12th in the UK by the Times Higher Education in 2021. Birmingham received the 2013 Sunday Times University of the Year 2014 award. Birmingham University ranked 10th in the UK and 62nd globally in the 2013 QS World University Rankings.
120 students will be chosen by the University of Birmingham, and each will get a £10,000 stipend to help with living and tuition expenses.
Artificial Intelligence and Data Science Conversion Masters Scholarships – Eligibility
- Suitable Countries: UK
- Acceptable Course(s) or Subject(s): The University of Birmingham’s Master’s programs in artificial intelligence and data science are eligible for the AI and data science Conversion Masters Scholarships.
- Accepted Standards: Women, Black students, handicapped students, students from lower socioeconomic backgrounds, and students who have never studied STEM or degrees relevant to STEM will be given priority when it comes to financing for the Artificial Intelligence and Data Science Conversion Masters Scholarships. Before applying for this scholarship, candidates must already have received an unconditional or conditional offer of admission to a University of Birmingham Master’s program in data science or artificial intelligence.
Artificial Intelligence and Data Science Conversion Masters Scholarships – Application Process
- The University of Birmingham must have made an offer of a spot in one of its master’s programs in AI or data science before applicants can apply. The online application form should then be finished by them.
- Personal statements, letters of recommendation, and transcripts of records are examples of supporting documentation.
- For the master’s programs in artificial intelligence and data science, applicants must complete the entrance standards of the University of Birmingham.
- Proof of English proficiency is required from applicants whose first language is not English.
Fill out the scholarship application form here.
Application Deadline: 31 July 2023
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other UK scholarships here.